Watch those u-nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, I had seen 2 different part numbers listed for these. I wanted to make sure I got the right ones. I wouldn't be too surprised if they both fit. Seems like a good thing to throw a few in your toolbox. :cheers:

OP
OP
JohnyPython

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, I had seen 2 different part numbers listed for these. I wanted to make sure I got the right ones. I wouldn't be too surprised if they both fit. Seems like a good thing to throw a few in your toolbox. :cheers:

W717634-S439 is longer than the 461.

Just to be clear these u-nuts are for the 3rd skid plate.

I recently got a Milwaukee ratchet. I’ve always used hand tools and have never relied on impact tools.

You want to use a hand ratchet on these types of fasteners or else risk breaking the u-nuts. Threads are almost an interference fit so they don’t vibrate loose.

OP
OP
JohnyPython

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I recently got a Milwaukee ratchet. I’ve always used hand tools and have never relied on impact tools.

You want to use a hand ratchet on these types of fasteners or else risk breaking the u-nuts. Threads are almost an interference fit so they don’t vibrate loose.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Thanks. Yes, that was the other number I had. Now that you mention it, I see the difference in the pictures. I think I'll get a few of both.