What are these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had some struggles with two of the nuts/clips from the skid plates that are stripped. Anyone know the part number or a good place to get some more?

20200806_185321.jpg

OP
OP
Braaaaptor

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had some struggles with two of the nuts/clips from the skid plates that are stripped. Anyone know the part number or a good place to get some more?
View attachment 149393

I had the same problem. This is Gen1, but I would think they are the same. Ford dealership wanted $40 a piece for the threaded clip. Found them for a couple dollars each at
http://FordPartsGiant.com

Part No.: -W707640-S439
NUT - SPRING

Part No.: -W706894-S439
BOLT AND WASHER ASY - HEX.HEAD

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
Braaaaptor

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, I was surprised this was the route they went with this design. Especially with how torqued the bolts are under there and how susceptible they are to dirt/dust/mud.

PSA: don't Google 'nuts' and 'undercarriage'. It WILL NOT help you find this part.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's called a cut clip, and will come up everytime in google !! Lots of different options available !!

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered some of these from Tasca Parts. I've got 24k miles and broken several just doing oil changes and swapping out the intercooler.