Wastegate Rattle on Startup Fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hillman spring (543183) worked for the wastegate rattle with zero issues so far. I also had a bad interior rattle, got worse when I came to a stop while in gear. I found that the exhaust was touching a cross member where the resonators are. Fixed that and now the interior rattles are gone.

Last edited:

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hillman spring (54543183) worked for the wastegate rattle with zero issues so far. I also had a bad interior rattle, got worse when I came to a stop while in gear. I found that the exhaust was touching a cross member where the resonators are. Fixed that and now the interior rattles are gone.
My exhaust is touching that same damn place. The exhaust seems like it's not able to be adjusted. It's AWE. It only happens when the truck is warm and at a stop in drive. The fvcking truck. Ugh

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the AWE resonators check to make sure they were installed the right way, they have a bend in them to keep them just above that cross member, if they aren’t positioned right, like mine were they will rub and cause that vibration

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So how are you guys getting these springs on? I just took a peek at my driver side - no way I can do it without removing the wheel. Too much labor RN :p

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it’s a bit tricky but look carefully at the pictures, gloves might save your hands on the fender liner but definitely don’t remove the wheel, if I did it anybody can!