Wastegate rattle fixed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I'll search for the inevitable thread about it before someone yells at me.
No one is yelling at you.LOL THIS IS YELLING!!!!!!!! LOL The guys here just want to make sure your legit. A good Community ribbing never hurt anyone. Good group.. Unless you do something dumb like put on 22s. LOL

BaseballDad76

Reaction score
Thank you so much for all the info! I have a 2019 (put into service mid-2020) that I just purchased in August and the rattling noise at startup has been driving me crazy. I've been all under the truck assuming that it was a skid plate or a heat shield that was loose. I had planned on taking all the skid plates off this weekend to investigate further. Ran across this post, bought the springs last night and put them on this morning and just like magic, the rattling is gone!!!!!!

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Thank you so much for all the info! I have a 2019 (put into service mid-2020) that I just purchased in August and the rattling noise at startup has been driving me crazy. I've been all under the truck assuming that it was a skid plate or a heat shield that was loose. I had planned on taking all the skid plates off this weekend to investigate further. Ran across this post, bought the springs last night and put them on this morning and just like magic, the rattling is gone!!!!!!
Waste gate rattle on a Pruis? Must be a Pruis with no Raptor picture of said claimed Raptor on your first post and no introduction on the New Member Check-In thread. So, I have to throw a yellow card on you!
1707491436546.png

hunter031789

Reaction score
Glad this forum helped you the same as it did me! I bought my 2018 in September and have thus far fixed several issues, going to list them so you can be aware if you have the same issues (that there are solutions on here) or know if they show up in the future.
1. Waste gate rattle
2. Sun roof cleaning/lubrication (could hear at really low speeds when going over bumps, sounded like a light tap, almost as if a door was ever so slightly ajar and was knocking against the latch bar)
3. Driver's seat heater failure (you'll easily know it is on after a couple of minutes on the high setting)
4. IWE check valve failure (this only recently began to happen to me, cruise control at 70 on the highway I would hear a sound that would start faint almost like radio static and then got loud to being like someone crumpling a piece of paper violently, or like there was a handful of rocks in a brake rotor or bouncing on a skid plate)

All of these have been diagnosed and have solutions on these forums so happy fixing!

I also have a seeping front differential seal(s) (both passenger CV shaft and input shaft seals). Nothing dripping on the floor and no one on here seems to have repaired and posted pictures or a writeup so for now I'm just letting them ride.