Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Was the Gen 1 Raptor When New Also Above MSRP?

Discussion in 'Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]' started by MDJAK, Apr 10, 2019.

1. two0seven

two0seven Full Access Member

No doubt about this I also would give the gap in production some credit for this 2 years without a Raptor probably has people thinking it will happen again.

Badgertits likes this.
  2. MDJAK

MDJAK Full Access Member

And how in general has the reliability of Gen1 been? Any particular year better than another? By 2014 did they work out kinks and do upgrades that may have plagued earlier models?

If one is looking to buy a gen1 used, which year would you want?

I appreciate alll the replies.

3. Jonny V

Jonny V Full Access Member

My ‘12 has thus far been very reliable. Only issue was that the rear window defrost crapped out and the window had to be replaced. Warranty took care if it.

Now it’s time for shocks to be rebuilt so I’m doing that this year and learning a lot on the forum here and looking to do a major upgrade to the SVC mid travel kit next year after my big hunting trip and travel this year are done.

4. alveolartrill

alveolartrill Full Access Member

I can tell you that the 2014 model has less recalls compared to the earlier models.

A couple of example is about the driveshaft and powertrain control module

I think the biggest issue I had so far on my 2014, the dealer replaced the transmission valve body under warranty.

All Gen 1 Raptors have the fuse 27 fuel pump issue. Make sure that’s relocated or do it yourself afterwards.

I would prefer 2013 or 2014 models. But if you find a great deal on the earlier models, go for it.

5. MDJAK

MDJAK Full Access Member

Much appreciate all the info, gentlemen.

alveolartrill likes this.
  6. Canuck714

Canuck714 Full Access Member

Badgertits... The reference to a trim package is in the way you order a Raptor now compared to the Gen 1. Back when the truck first came out, they lined us up like sitting ducks for the exclusivity... Now you just order one, they'll make as many as you want.

SVTTrooper and Jonny V like this.
  7. MDJAK

MDJAK Full Access Member

So appreciate all the replies and education on Gen1.

Is there a noticeable difference or does one need to know what to look for between the 2011 through 2014? I know in the very beginning it did not have the 6.2 liter engine.

8. Stingray23

Stingray23 FRF Addict

I have a 2012 Scab that I bought new. It was the most difficult to find and buy vehicle I ever had. Dealers were asking too much in the tri-state area so I had to get mine from VA. At the time, it was considered a great deal($4500 off MSRP). I LOVE my Raptor and that is why I still own it. Its the longest I've ever keep a car/truck. I plan on keeping it as long as it still runs. Only have 51,700 miles on it. Its been trouble free(knock on wood) except for fuse 27. I would 100% buy another Gen 1 Raptor.

RDFTS and Jonny V like this.
  9. Five-O Donut Hole

Five-O Donut Hole FRF Addict

I was able to get mine about $1,400 under sticker but it had been sitting in the showroom for about 6 months so they weren’t budging much from sticker

13FE608A-3323-4BE2-983F-F9195A038B9F.jpeg

10. Canuck714

Canuck714 Full Access Member

The 13 saw the change to the heater/ac panel and touchscreen, but mechanically they are all simillar 11-14.
    I had a 13 and bought it at incoice, drove it 2 years (several Texas Raptor Runs) and sold it for the same money I paid. Once it was confirmed that there would be no V8 option on the G2, I spent 6 months looking for a 2014... The Gen 1 is still holding on strong on resale, but I highly recomend looking for a clean 14 with a supercharger

MDJAK likes this.