Was at my local dealer today. Lots of truck inventory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PRod

Reaction score
I always laugh when I read someone posting “I asked a salesman…” Then they are trying to confirm if the response was legit. Not to knock any car salesmen here, but lets get real here with car salesman “honesty” when they work on commission. 4 Raptors sitting on the lot tells you the answer. Inventory and rising interest rates are car dealership nightmare. Not right off the bat, but by next summer it will be ugly for them. So patient is on your side if your a cash buyer.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We live in an era where people value what somethings worth based on what they can afford to pay and how bad they want it. The supply chain excuse gave manufacturers and the selling market a reason to increase prices and jack things up because of this and take advantage of it becoming the norm.

Things will only get back to the norm when the money that was flooded into the economic system comes to a halt and as others pointed out that will be when interest rates go up to the point the things being financed buries them in monthly payments their income won't let them afford.

I've never seen a point in history where people buy inflated cars whether it be a premium ford or lamborghini but then again you can't say it's inflated bec people buy them bec they technically can.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed, there is a delusional belief that Raptors are really special and that their resale is insane and bulletproof. This is usually based on the fact that there are ADMs and that people have sold theirs with miles for the same as or sometimes even more than they paid for them.. Here's the thing though, that's the same for any car right now. Go try and find a used beater car for a 16 year old, you'll be paying far more than it's worth, point is it's universal and so will the value implosion that's right around the corner.
You're acting like Raptors were just introduced. They have held their value REALLY well since they came out in 2010. It has nothing to do with all this Biden caused crap, or the current crazy ADM's.

Last edited:

Bowser

Reaction score
It's all speculation, but with as many 23s I see advertised already, I believe there will be a plethora of Raptors after the new year. I know the used market for GEN2 and GEN3 has already corrected.

ocbcwc

Reaction score
My local dealer HB Ford in southern California, one of the hottest markets for these truck, has 8 on the lot with one 37. Been there for 2 weeks. Asking $30k ADM, last month they were asking $50K ADM. I have no idea what they are actually getting though. Come January, they will be asking MSRP and have 20 on the lot.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My local dealer HB Ford in southern California, one of the hottest markets for these truck, has 8 on the lot with one 37. Been there for 2 weeks. Asking $30k ADM, last month they were asking $50K ADM. I have no idea what they are actually getting though. Come January, they will be asking MSRP and have 20 on the lot.

LOL @HB Ford, and all the other SoCal Ford dealers really.

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was at Brandon Ford in Florida. 4 2022 Raptors on the lot. 2 of them 37s. 2 801a 35s. Markup was $15k over msrp. Was very surprised at their overall inventory. Lots of trucks on the lot. I asked the salesman if he had a 2023 come in and he said not yet and he didnt know when.

I asked him with interest rates rising and economy and market going down are people really paying that markup? He said yes, meanwhile there are 4 raptors on his lot.
They've been on the lot forever. Months at least. Brandon Ford are being stubborn idiots.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's all speculation, but with as many 23s I see advertised already, I believe there will be a plethora of Raptors after the new year. I know the used market for GEN2 and GEN3 has already corrected.
Excuse me kind sir, this is a PC forum, and we don't use dirty words like plethora around here!! Use a word like "crap ton", or "sh itload"!