Was at my local dealer today. Lots of truck inventory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ford73

Reaction score
Was at Brandon Ford in Florida. 4 2022 Raptors on the lot. 2 of them 37s. 2 801a 35s. Markup was $15k over msrp. Was very surprised at their overall inventory. Lots of trucks on the lot. I asked the salesman if he had a 2023 come in and he said not yet and he didnt know when.

I asked him with interest rates rising and economy and market going down are people really paying that markup? He said yes, meanwhile there are 4 raptors on his lot.

hsun85

Reaction score
Same story 6 months ago in real estate - "housing will never go down, inventory will remain low, bluh bluh bluh."

Evasive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Brandon Ford and Mullinax are all about ADMs whenever they can.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked him with interest rates rising and economy and market going down are people really paying that markup? He said yes, meanwhile there are 4 raptors on his lot.
I remember a Chrysler dealer telling me the same thing as he tried to sell a first year PT Cruiser to me for $5k over MSRP.

GT11

Reaction score
Interest rates are not a factor for a cash buyer. Just bought a 37. Was 15 over. Negotiated to 10 over last day of the month. Sucks but I needed an in stock truck before year end. Ordering also didn’t change the situation either. Now as a cash buyer, I’m out of that market for probably the next 3 years or until the “R” comes down under 40k markup!!!!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Interest rates are not a factor for a cash buyer. Just bought a 37. Was 15 over. Negotiated to 10 over last day of the month. Sucks but I needed an in stock truck before year end. Ordering also didn’t change the situation either. Now as a cash buyer, I’m out of that market for probably the next 3 years or until the “R” comes down under 40k markup!!!!

You really stuck it to the Man! :p Just kidding. Time is money and all that.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s an ass for every seat I guess. All these people paying over list will really be getting it shoved up their rear once that truck loses $10k plus their ADM the 1st year. The slowing economy will make these trucks much lower priced here very soon. As a matter of fact, here in Las Vegas, which is probably the city with more raptors per capita than any other city, by far. There is at least 1 dealer who is happy to sell at msrp for any order. How do I know, I got 1.

Parappa The Rapta

Reaction score
Agreed, there is a delusional belief that Raptors are really special and that their resale is insane and bulletproof. This is usually based on the fact that there are ADMs and that people have sold theirs with miles for the same as or sometimes even more than they paid for them.. Here's the thing though, that's the same for any car right now. Go try and find a used beater car for a 16 year old, you'll be paying far more than it's worth, point is it's universal and so will the value implosion that's right around the corner.