Warranty or bite the bullet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my 2011 screw didn't like me much this weekend haha. Couple of things went down first when in 4lo and trying to climb a sand dune I got a horrible thump/thud multiple times felt like tcase was hitting the floorboard directly under my feet I'm assuming my driver side iwe is the culprit even though it honestly felt like my motor mount or tranny mount was shot (as far as I can tell they r fine just missing a couple of tranny mount bolts missing thanks to future ford for that!!) next is now I have the dreaded clunk on take off there's a tsb for driveline on 2011's so that's probably that issue. And finally my drivers side shock blew on landing causing my tire rip my liner out and push my fender up about an 1" as well as crack it. Ok so here's my question how much of this do I bit the bullet on and how much do I leave to warranty. I'm a realistic guy and probably pushed the truck to its limits maybe beyond so what's a realistic analysis. The one good thing is my power steering system had no issues whatsoever this trip after pump n lines were replaced under warranty haha

OP
OP
str8fast

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i mean I guess where do we define the difference between abuse and getting ur 50k out of this purpose built machine. Haha The funny thing about the whole trip was my fathers rock stock ecoboost fx4 did just about as good out there and only damage he encountered was loosing a bead. At 38000 miles are shocks considered a warranty item??

Spiral

Reaction score
I agree, I would push the warranty route for sure. In my opinion, if ford feels that they can push the Raptor image as being extreme offroad vehicle, they should also be cognizant on what they consider purpose built and abuse is. Being a nearly $60k vehicle loaded, I also want to get my moneys worth as well. If I didn't, I would have spent $20k less and bought an FX4.