Security Systems - Igla & Compustar - Risk to Ford's Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wlarsen76

Reaction score
I'm starting to investigate security systems for when my RR gets delivered. I've done about a days worth of research and I think that I like the Igla Anti Theft (Immobilizer) system and the Compustar Pro R5 (Alarm & Monitoring) system.

However, I did come across a consideration that I had not thought about which is the risk to Ford's Warranty. I cannot seem to find installation guides for these products and I'm a little worried that they splice into the existing wiring harness. At least Igla's site says that it won't void the auto manufacture's warranty, but not why (or how it gets installed).

Does anyone have an experience in this area?
I'll probably post this seam thing over in the Ford Raptor forums as well.

Thanks!

Gen3Rap69

Reaction score
I have that combo no problem at all with ford. I’ve taken it in for a light switch issue and suspension issue covered under warranty and my warranty was not voided. Even showed my service advisor how it worked. Go to the Ram Trx forum they go in depth on IGLA and other security devices that is where I found out about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter