WARNING! Look at your rockers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Smith21

Reaction score
That's rusted right thru. And capt. it's only seen one winter in the three years I've owned it. Used to spend my winters out of country for work so it stayed tucked away till spring

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's rusted right thru. And capt. it's only seen one winter in the three years I've owned it. Used to spend my winters out of country for work so it stayed tucked away till spring

well that really sucks then even if it seen all 3 it shouldn't be that bad.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't these trucks have 10/100 rust through protection?
The rust has to be in the form of preferation though, I.E. holes.

The 97-03 F150 were notorious for the rockers rusting from the inside out because their were some "drainage" holes that didn't receive plugs or tape. So all the sand, snow, and salt would collect in the holes.

M64D RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought NY was the salt capital. I've seen golf ball sized chunks on the road before. I hate NY. Can't own a nice vehicle here with out rust from the corrosive salt.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought NY was the salt capital. I've seen golf ball sized chunks on the road before. I hate NY. Can't own a nice vehicle here with out rust from the corrosive salt.

I am with u bro. NY sucks. If I didn't have such a good job in my line of work right now I would be out of here

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow! I have a 56 year old car and the rockers are the originals and rust free.
Shortly after I bought my Raptor, I noticed sheetmetal areas with unpainted bare metal that would corrode.
The problem is if Ford could care less about the areas you can see imagine the hidden areas. I say shame on Ford.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I am with u bro. NY sucks. If I didn't have such a good job in my line of work right now I would be out of here
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Completely agree! I lost my first love, err I mean truck to NY rust. Lol...
Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com