Wait time before VIN?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ambassador

Reaction score
FYI - today the ford vehicle tracking web page does not seem to be working. I found an allocated order last week (order date was June) for a white 37 and put a deposit on it. got the window sticker and VIN off the web page. last friday it showed was in production as of 10/21. today can't check on the status . says I have bad info :( how are people contacting Ford directly?
You can phone or chat with Ford performance guys to get that info.

Jmilleraz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting turn of event today. My dealer is a good friend and he called me asking if I wanted a 37 (I had a 35 on order). And said he got a call from his rep telling him he can have 1 37 allocation submitted no later than today to be built in the December build cycle of 37s. So appears they are working out scheduled this week as rumored but they WILL be using November to build stock units just like they always do, and retail orders will start up in December.

MGSER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting turn of event today. My dealer is a good friend and he called me asking if I wanted a 37 (I had a 35 on order). And said he got a call from his rep telling him he can have 1 37 allocation submitted no later than today to be built in the December build cycle of 37s. So appears they are working out scheduled this week as rumored but they WILL be using November to build stock units just like they always do, and retail orders will start up in December.
That is some good news! Hope it stands!

Jmilleraz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is some good news! Hope it stands!
I do too! He did say if I kept my 35 allocation I should see the truck Feb/March…

One thing to note I also have all the delayed items deleted (auto stop,bed cover, bed spray.) he did say in his emails with the ford rep that those will undoubtably cause further delays

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ordered a '21 mid June never got a VIN. Now waiting on a '22. Nobody knows for sure how long it will take. It's a roll of the dice.
An order without an allocation will never get scheduled. Getting scheduled means your order gets pulled from the order banks and scheduled orders will receive a VIN.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are they giving you one of the dealer stock trucks to purchase?
They offered but I really didn’t want the moonroof and all of them had that as well as other options I don’t want. And this late in the year, I chose to order a ‘22 and get exactly what I want, aside from lead foot, which is what I had on order.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An order without an allocation will never get scheduled. Getting scheduled means your order gets pulled from the order banks and scheduled orders will receive a VIN.
Correct. However in my case, according to dealer and their Ford zone rep, they had 5 allocations but are only getting 4 or them. Others on here have mentioned similar situations where dealers did not get all of their allocations. But again, who really knows for sure. Hoping for better luck this time around.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello all, quick question! How long did you have to wait before your truck had a VIN? I put a deposit down a little over a month ago, but no VIN yet. I'm assuming that this is a normal wait time, I just want to confirm! Thanks in advance!

-Fat_Kid
To give you a time line…my order was submitted & confirmed on June 17. I received a build week (30 Aug) and VIN on 9 July. Approx 3 weeks prior to my build week, I received a build day of 2 Sep which changed to 31 Aug. A week prior to my build day (31 Aug), my window sticker populated on Ford’s tracker which also show my truck as being “In Production”. During this week, my build day (aka blend date) changed from 31 Aug to 3 Sept. Thinking my truck would be built on 3 Sept, no no no…Ford decided to send its employees on a short hiatus & went down to one shift for about two weeks, if I recall correctly. Per FP & the tracker, my truck finally showed ”Built” on 21 Sept and that it had “Shipped”. My truck arrived at the dealer on 4 Oct. (14 days transit time). Ford’s tracker showed “Delivered“ after truck had arrived at the dealer.

One thing to note, that tracker is slow as hell to update so don’t get wrapped around the axle with that damn thing! It’ll drive you n u t s! Some have waited much longer than I have, some less. Patience is the name of the game here! Once you receive your VIN, relax…it’ll get built. Hope this helps a bit. Cheers!