Wait list & MSRP issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msmatt329

Reaction score
I have sense been in contact with a co-workers salesman in Bozeman MT. "Granted this is not ideal as I live in Alaska" but for $10,000K+ I'm willing to shop. Told him what I'm after and what I've been told, when I mentioned the 10k mark up a swear I heard the phone hit the floor. He thought that was crazy. Said he would take care of me. No concrete anything yet, but I did tell him if he did their were a lot more of "me" out there and I would send them his way. I will hopefully hear at the beginning of the week what they propose. Fingers crossed for invoice+ but would settle for msrp at this point. Trucked to Seattle then barged to Anchorage.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Zane you mind if I ask what side of the country your on? East coasters seem to have it better than the Westies it seems. Big cities also don't seem to be the best place to buy unless you have a repore with the salesman

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have sense been in contact with a co-workers salesman in Bozeman MT. "Granted this is not ideal as I live in Alaska" but for $10,000K+ I'm willing to shop. Told him what I'm after and what I've been told, when I mentioned the 10k mark up a swear I heard the phone hit the floor. He thought that was crazy. Said he would take care of me. No concrete anything yet, but I did tell him if he did their were a lot more of "me" out there and I would send them his way. I will hopefully hear at the beginning of the week what they propose. Fingers crossed for invoice+ but would settle for msrp at this point. Trucked to Seattle then barged to Anchorage.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Zane you mind if I ask what side of the country your on? East coasters seem to have it better than the Westies it seems. Big cities also don't seem to be the best place to buy unless you have a repore with the salesman

Technically in the west but closer to mid-west. I hangout with the rocky mountains.

OP
OP
A

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My next door neighbor and I are BOTH actually going to get raptors. Thinking this may work to our advantage if we both go down to the same salesman. "Want to sell TWO of them today??"

Dextron

Reaction score

Did you talk to one of the dealers up here and get told $10K over MSRP? I'm up here too - haven't talked to a dealer yet but that is disappointing. I am out in the western part of the state so will have to wait for the spring barge unless I want to pay airfreight. My idea was to let the first ones get out on the street to see if there are any surprises and then order in time to get one in the spring.

msmatt329

Reaction score
Did you talk to one of the dealers up here and get told $10K over MSRP? I'm up here too - haven't talked to a dealer yet but that is disappointing. I am out in the western part of the state so will have to wait for the spring barge unless I want to pay airfreight. My idea was to let the first ones get out on the street to see if there are any surprises and then order in time to get one in the spring.

I've bought my 2013 at Cals in Anchorage and my 2014 from Kendell in Wasilla. Both had the 10K on them, was a battle to get to msrp. I won't even consider Cals anymore. I am in contact with a guy in Wasilla but he hasn't given me any numbers yet, call it a hunch, I do have slim hope they won't be douches about it, but I am leaning towards MT. I will post when I hear from them. The guy says he checks the order page daily to see if it'll let him place the order. He actually built one for me a couple of weeks ago but the system won't let them place the order. They both know they are the only game in town so they don't deal much. Almost all Shelby's I've seen for sale are going for less than msrp in the states, $96,500. Kendall had theirs listed for $118,500 if that tells you anything.

Dextron

Reaction score
I've bought my 2013 at Cals in Anchorage and my 2014 from Kendell in Wasilla. Both had the 10K on them, was a battle to get to msrp. I won't even consider Cals anymore. I am in contact with a guy in Wasilla but he hasn't given me any numbers yet, call it a hunch, I do have slim hope they won't be douches about it, but I am leaning towards MT. I will post when I hear from them. The guy says he checks the order page daily to see if it'll let him place the order. He actually built one for me a couple of weeks ago but the system won't let them place the order. They both know they are the only game in town so they don't deal much. Almost all Shelby's I've seen for sale are going for less than msrp in the states, $96,500. Kendall had theirs listed for $118,500 if that tells you anything.

I am all for spending money locally, but that quite often doesn't work out up here. I need to go to Fairbanks this fall so I thought I would stop at Seekins and see what kind of numbers they want. Otherwise, the last vehicle I shipped out here, the barge freight was only $150 more out of Seattle versus out of Anchorage so I don't have much to lose shopping down south.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter