GEN 2 Very important-engine shutoff not auto start/stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

crobargts

Reaction score
Well, I'm glad to see that there are some normal men here with testosterone in their bodies because the truck shutting down by some means other than the operator should **** you off. HILLARY 2020 for the rest of you estrogen laden sorry bastards who think that the size of your soft drink should be restricted because its bad for you and that a computer needs to shut down your vehicle for whatever reason that was NOT determined/set/controlled by YOU, the owner AND you had no friggin clue that the truck was even programmed that way........

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just another thread that proves no matter what information you try to share on this forum. No matter how good of info it is, which what you shared on here every owner will be glad to hear about. There is always these ****** bag fairy unicorn loving sissy’s sob’s that will only look for anything and everything they can to bitch about. For the guys saying this feature is a great feature you must be the dumbest sob’s on here period. If you need a computer to turn your truck off for you then wow.. you Truely are a weak little fairly dust sprinkled pansy. You see how they were so quick to turn what you said into something about you leaving the truck at star bucks.. how bad of a person of you lmao.. only terrible people do that right lol.. or how you were gonna leave the damn zoo locked up in your car or just start killing puppy’s in the heat every chance you got.. *****.. oh and my favorite from complete ****** bag that you would park An forget to turn your truck off and kill everybody around you lol.. get a life you damn losers and quit finding shit to cry about when someone shares good stuff on a good thread.. I’m just sick of reading you same ******** doing this and I will start calling you out every time.. merry Christmas you ******* fairy ass mfers

All great points, I stand corrected

swanstreaming

Reaction score
You can just extend the run time with the Ford Pass app

Actually, this doesn’t override the idle shut-off. The app will say the truck is running, but it will not be.

You could try scheduling starts every 20 min? Seems easier just to disable it manually from the truck’s UI for the times you need to idle longer than 20.

southof30A

Reaction score
The Ford computer programmers control way too much functionality on our vehicles. WE (this group) probably don't have much say though, cause the majority seems to think Grandpa's truck should shut off on it's own. Or the soccer mom (cellphone growth on her ear) who forgets to shut of the plain vanilla F-150 when she pulls into the garage.

I admit that I leave my dog in the truck in the summer with the A/C on, run into the post office, mail a letter and come back out. In the winter on a road trip, we want to stop for dinner, -10F outside, it's nice to leave the heat on for my buddy in the truck too.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2013 f250 that did the same thing. I would drive to my property (road trip) and let it idle to cool down, it would kill its self after 20 min as well.

PitchforkR

Reaction score
I remember reading in a post that there was a plug in the drivers footwell that would disable it.. I can’t find it now. I’ll try it and see if it works before telling you which one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk