GEN 2 Very important-engine shutoff not auto start/stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

crobargts

Reaction score
Just to be more specific about my original post.... I don’t leave my dog in the truck unattended... I ran into Starbucks with locked car left running AC on high... got coffee came out and ran into a friend and we were standing by my truck talking when it just shut off! This is a crap feature that should not exist AND almost nobody knows about it, you will only find out about it after it happens to you.........will your groceries get warm OR will something you really care about be effected? Life happens and sometimes, not often you may need to leave that truck run for whatever reason.... your sitting in it and have a heart attack and can’t move! Whatever!!! Just be aware of it....

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You may think it's a crap feature- but as I said above, Ford implemented it to save lives. A truck idling in a closed garage for 12+ hours could easily kill the occupants of the house.

These new trucks have no "keys"- so it's much easier to leave them running unintentionally than a truck with a standard key setup. People just don't have the muscle memory for the start/stop button like they do with standard keys. My old man left his new fob-equipped car idling at the store by accident not too long ago. His hearing is going quickly, which is a big part of the problem.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would never leave a pet in a running vehicle un attended.

I had a friend who left his rottweiler in his running truck in Georgia during the summer while he was racing his car at the track. He took his dog everywhere and it was a hot day so he figured he would leave the dog in the truck running with the AC on.

The dog being a big active dog somehow hit the AC button and turned it off. He came back to his truck after doing some laps and found his pup dead from the heat.

Don't leave your dogs in the cars on any days hotter than 70 IMO.

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to be more specific about my original post.... I don’t leave my dog in the truck unattended... I ran into Starbucks with locked car left running AC on high... got coffee came out and ran into a friend and we were standing by my truck talking when it just shut off! This is a crap feature that should not exist AND almost nobody knows about it, you will only find out about it after it happens to you.........will your groceries get warm OR will something you really care about be effected? Life happens and sometimes, not often you may need to leave that truck run for whatever reason.... your sitting in it and have a heart attack and can’t move! Whatever!!! Just be aware of it....

Glad you've shared this info for people that may need it, but this isn't a crap feature and it most certainly should exist for the reason EricM already pointed out.

Who leaves their truck idling for 20 minutes in the starbucks parking lot anyways?

OP
OP
C

crobargts

Reaction score
No, you guys are right. This is the best feature I have ever seen, thank god my other cars don't have it. But then again this is coming from the idiot who leaves his car running in Starbucks parking lot....WHO DOES THAT .... LOL So glad I posted here

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the dumbest feature ever. If I want to leave my truck on all damn day after I payed for it and it’s my truck then that should be my decision. Just like it’s your guys decision to turn it off because your terrified of somehow killing someone with your exhaust. We should not have to go into truck settings to get our trucks to continue to idle after 20 mins. If anything you tree hugging hippies should have to go into the settings to make it turn off after 20 minutes. I read these threads and it never fails, every time someone post something on here just trying to give information out to other owners there is always some of you that find away to change it around to him somehow doing something wrong. In this case in went to killing a dog or some crap. When in fact it had nothing to do with it he was just letting others know about the truck turning off after 20 minutes. If your grandpa can’t remember he has a ******* truck running in the garage then maybe his ass shouldn’t even have keys to it to begin with. Quit being bitchs and just let others share their information without getting blow back from you ******* sissy’s

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just another thread that proves no matter what information you try to share on this forum. No matter how good of info it is, which what you shared on here every owner will be glad to hear about. There is always these ****** bag fairy unicorn loving sissy’s sob’s that will only look for anything and everything they can to bitch about. For the guys saying this feature is a great feature you must be the dumbest sob’s on here period. If you need a computer to turn your truck off for you then wow.. you Truely are a weak little fairly dust sprinkled pansy. You see how they were so quick to turn what you said into something about you leaving the truck at star bucks.. how bad of a person of you lmao.. only terrible people do that right lol.. or how you were gonna leave the damn zoo locked up in your car or just start killing puppy’s in the heat every chance you got.. *****.. oh and my favorite from complete ****** bag that you would park An forget to turn your truck off and kill everybody around you lol.. get a life you damn losers and quit finding shit to cry about when someone shares good stuff on a good thread.. I’m just sick of reading you same ******** doing this and I will start calling you out every time.. merry Christmas you ******* fairy ass mfers

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my ex let her nissan altima run for 8+ hours while she was 40ft away working in a bank because she forgot to hit the stop button.. it's not a terrible feature, but if you want to turn it off, it should save the setting..

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on, you should be able to choose, not have Ford set it to where every time you have to go into settings and select to turn it off. It should store that to memory. I swear before long people will need toilets to wipe their ass for them or to remind them to do so because they are to busy updating their Facebook page that they can’t remember to do so on their on.