Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

GEN 2 Very important-engine shutoff not auto start/stop

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by crobargts, May 8, 2017.

1. crobargts

crobargts Member

Hi Guys, my first post here. I did a search on this and didn't see topic so forgive me if already covered but this is very important with summer coming. Your truck will shut off if left to idle for 20 minutes without operating any of the controls. VERY VERY problematic if you have a pet in the truck in summer!!! It can be disabled, but must be done every time you start the truck. Disable via steering wheel controls - settings/advanced settings/vehicle/auto engine off/ uncheck the box and you can idle unlimited but ONLY for that ignition cycle. Don't want anyone to loose a pet for this STUPIDITY!!!!! I almost found out the hard way and wanted to pass it on........

Megabass, Gsteve, Mistacheese and 8 others like this.
  2. mmaterni

mmaterni Full Access Member

Thanks for passing this along. Please be responsible pet owners and ensure safety whenever possible. They thank you and so do I!![​IMG]

Famous last words, "if you hit it faster it will smooth out some!"

taco-13 likes this.
  3. EricM

EricM FRF Addict

They automatically turn off after a certain time period so people don't die when they unintentionally leave their cars running in a closed garage.

Micha likes this.
  4. 2014RubyRed

2014RubyRed FRF Addict

Why would anyone leave their dog in the car in the summer anyway? I'd bust the window out and save that dog from the stupidity - car running or not. Wouldn't trust it with a kid? Don't trust it with a dog. Period.......

SMH

Edit: Good information though (seriously). Nothing worst than running into the tanning salon for a quickie and coming back out to melted ice cream all over the passenger seat. LOL

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  5. ChevyChad

ChevyChad Full Access Member

I found this out this past weekend while i was eating at sonic. I was in the truck with my daughter in the back in her carseat she was asleep and I didnt want to wake her up but I was hungry. After almost 20 mins it popped up a display on the dash screen saying that it was going to auto shut off in 30 seconds unless i hit 'OK' on the steering wheel.

I guess I see why the feature is there, but I dont like it. I wish I could permanently disable it.

6. crobargts

crobargts Member

not saying eaving living creature in car all day, however 20 min can be easily exceeded by any number of things if just running into get a cup of coffee. If you arent aware and live in the south could be a problem..... its a stupid feature IMHO... Its a gas saving nonsense feature

7. JetDriver480

JetDriver480 FRF Addict

In Arizona if you leave a pet in a car, even running someone will likely call the cops on you if not break out your window... savages...

Thanks for the heads up however on this feature.

8. hkguns

hkguns FRF Addict

Are you 100% certain that the setting doesn't stay? Usually those settings are permanent.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  9. crobargts

crobargts Member

Yes, 100% certain it does not stay.

hkguns likes this.
  10. johndjmix

johndjmix Full Access Member

I need to try this again, didn't think it worked last time, although didn't know it needed to be reset every time you start the truck. What do the police and service vehicles do? Ford has to have a way to disable this in the computer for police!

In colorado they do have a law you can break a window to save a dog left in a car, but only after you alert and wait for police. Be careful, a guy near my office did just that, then broke the window after 5 minutes. It was a hot day, however the owner left for only 5 minutes to grab something in a store. When the owner got back, a cops called, and the guy that broke the window was arrested. Moral to the story, be sure you know whats going on before trying to be a hero!

--John