Valentine One - Radar Locator.... How to Hardwire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I like the blendmount, but its too low for my preference.... I like it up high like the pic above.

Hey, I screwed up... I couldn't get the red lead of the MirrorTap Wire in, tried to force it and broke it off! Ouch!

I called Frank at blendmount.com, and he's sending me a new one at no charge! How's that for customer service? I offered to ask him if he could repair the end of my wire and that I would be happy to pay for it... he said no problem and he'd just send me a new one and to be more careful next time. Even asked if he wanted me to send the old MirrorTap back, he said no... Very nice, trusting, friendly customer service.

I also wondered why these cords were almost 2-3 times as much as the Invisi-Cord... trust me, once you get the MirrorTap cord (if you've ever had an Invisi before), you'll see why... this is one slick cord :) It even has a 2amp resistor soldered into the wire.

Oh, and for my 2011 Raptor with NAV, in the mirror:

1st Pin on bottom right: Lime Wire/Violet Stripe = 12v Switched
3rd Pin from bottom right: Black = Black Ground

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I got the Invisi-Cord you're talking about and those pins were next to impossible to shove into the back of the mirror to tap power. PITA!

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI,

I got my Mirror Tap installed... definitely get the 12" wire if you're going to use suction cups.... I have my dectector mounted up as high as the cups go next to the headliner and just to the left of the ceramic dots in the windshield at the top where F150 is.

The 9" wire will work great if you're using the "blendamount".

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Screw with backup camera and no NAV, I ordered the Blendmount and the wiring harness for my Valentine One does anyone have the same configuration as me? if so what was your pin out?

SeaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you guys like those valentine one detectors? Im interested in purchasing either the valentine or the ******.

SVTF150

Formerly Whazzup
Reaction score
I use a blendmount and they have a short power wire that splices into the mirror harness. Does not move even when i jump it.
Its very clean and no visible power wire
Powers on and off with the truck.

I like the look. Is $583 a good deal for the V1 and the blendmount?

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the look. Is $583 a good deal for the V1 and the blendmount?

If is new, yes.

However, you can get great condition V1s (used) on ebay for $250-$300.

Just be sure its the 1.8 version. :waytogo:

By the way, for those who asked, the V1 is the best you can get.

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If is new, yes.

However, you can get great condition V1s (used) on ebay for $250-$300.

Just be sure its the 1.8 version. :waytogo:

By the way, for those who asked, the V1 is the best you can get.

I had a V1 once for about 6 years... sent it back to V1 for an "upgrade", cost was about half of a new V1. They changed some of the software. I thought that all they did was flash the memory chip or something... but instead, they sent me back a whole new unit.

On their website, there's a place where you enter all your info and serial number to see if the unit would benefit from an upgrade....

I am the original owner, but I don't recall ever sending in a warranty card and we've moved a couple times since having that V1 anyways... but when sending the V1 in, I don't think being the original owner mattered.

Just saying... you can get your older V1 updated to new specs if you want.

RapaTon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my ****** 9500ix and dual laser interceptor combo. I want to purchase the 12" mirrortap cable but do I order the .050" (micro) or .080" (regular) tap width?

RapaTon