Valentine One - Radar Locator.... How to Hardwire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody "hard wired" their V1 radar detector (locator) into a switchable 12v connection?

When I had my 2008 Z06, I used an "invisicord" which simply had two leads that literally snuck in to some contacts on the rear view mirror's power source/plug directly behind the mirror.

On my 2007 BMW M6, I tapped into the power that was in the overhead map lights.

On my 2005 Corvette Coupe, I ran the power cord through the headliner, down the A pillar to the fuse panel in the passenger kickboard...

I hadn't done it yet, but was going to hardwire the V1 into the map lights in my Porsche too before I traded it in on the Raptor...

So, Has any one integrated their V1 into an overhead power source so as to eliminate the coiled power cable from the cigarette lighter/12V plug?

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I may have found my answer on the other forum:

http://www.************.com/showthread.php?p=14762#post14762

v1c6mirrormount-rearview.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 Raptor with NAV has a 16 pin connector on the back of the mirror...

I found a legend for the F150 mirrors. The back up camera mirror has 16 wires and the regular "sync" mirror has 10 wires.

Pin 1 on both mirrors is switched 12v. The color on mine (and on the legend) is Blue with red stripe. On my Raptor the power to this pin stays on like the radio does until you open the door or wait ten minutes.

Pin 3 is ground on the 16 pin mirror like I have. Color is Black with purple stripe on mine.

This was from the other board...

I found the black with purple cord for Pin 3, that's got to be the ground... but in Pin 1 the cord is lime green with a violet stripe... I'm going to order the Invisicord and give this a go. On the last page of the link above, a fella mentioned that his 2011 Raptor without NAV, the green/violet wire was the 12V switched....

This should be a clean setup when done :)

Last edited:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
That's how mine is wired Mark. And I used the Blendmount to attach to the mirror. Looks really clean.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
I ran a cable down the a-pillar and went to town with a volt meter under the steering wheel. Found a switched 12v on the third try and voila! Took less than 20min using the factory hardwire kit... I'm not sold on the mounts that hang under the mirror. It exposes the detector too much for my liking. With the detector in this location I have had cops miss it completely (driving through VA where they are illegal) even after approaching my vehicle.

i-CQh4bBF-M.jpg

Last edited:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I ran a cable down the a-pillar and went to town with a volt meter under the steering wheel. Found a switched 12v on the third try and voila! Took less than 20min using the factory hardwire kit... I'm not sold on the mounts that hang under the mirror. It exposes the detector too much for my liking. With the detector in this location I have had cops miss it completely (driving through VA where they are illegal) even after approaching my vehicle.

i-CQh4bBF-M.jpg

Good point about driving where they're illegal. I would explore other options if it was illegal here.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Mark,
Its the standard suction cup V1 Mount, I just put the cups as far up the windshield as I could so you aren't seeing them.

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a blendmount and they have a short power wire that splices into the mirror harness. Does not move even when i jump it.
Its very clean and no visible power wire
Powers on and off with the truck.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305317896.243396.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305317896.243396.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 202
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305317927.096294.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305317927.096294.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 213

Forum statistics

Threads
Members