Valentine One - Radar Locator.... How to Hardwire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed mine, but I got the SAVVY with mine which plugs into the OBD port so you can set a speed threshold for it to just auto-mute, like I don't need to know where cops are when I'm doing the speed limit.

Then I just ran the cable under the dash, up the A Pillar and under the roof cover thing to my V1. Rock solid.

bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran a cable down the a-pillar and went to town with a volt meter under the steering wheel. Found a switched 12v on the third try and voila! Took less than 20min using the factory hardwire kit... I'm not sold on the mounts that hang under the mirror. It exposes the detector too much for my liking. With the detector in this location I have had cops miss it completely (driving through VA where they are illegal) even after approaching my vehicle.

i-CQh4bBF-M.jpg

Austin
Mind sharing the location and specific wire you tapped into and what you used for a ground? I've always used the V1 hardwire kit in all of my cars. Not too keen on using this Invisicord business.....Thanks.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Austin
Mind sharing the location and specific wire you tapped into and what you used for a ground? I've always used the V1 hardwire kit in all of my cars. Not too keen on using this Invisicord business.....Thanks.
i believe the ignition wire under the dash for 09 to current model year f150 is white with an orange stripe. (not sure about the raptor though) given that the wire location in the ignition harness varies by each year. you might want a meter. if you find a bunch of thick wires under the dash wrapped in tape or loom then you are in the right spot. they should go to your key cylinder eventually.

PTeezy

Reaction score
I use a blendmount and they have a short power wire that splices into the mirror harness. Does not move even when i jump it.
Its very clean and no visible power wire
Powers on and off with the truck.

my apologies for beating a dead horse. my first newbie post but on the blend mount...when choosing for the valentine one they list an option for the rearview mirror "manual dimming, auto dimming, and rear view backup camera" which one is the appropriate choosing? just confusing at first.

2013 screw nav, f&r backup camera.

thanks!

Last edited:

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its the auto dimming mirror. I just tied into the wires behjnd the mirror myself it turn on AMD off with the truck

Sent from my S4

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished my install here.

2013 Nav, auto dim, Sync, sun roof.

Also brand new V1 here too.

Dropped the sun glasses holder. Open the sunroof and use log needle nose pliers to release the two clips that hold it up. Unplugged the 12 pin harness that went to the swtiches for the sunroof and slider.

Used the hardwire setup that came with V1.

Splice clip went on the solid blue (I think), top right most on the connector. (With the tab up) This went to the red postive wire on the V1 wires.

Black (ground) went a screw above. There is also a ground wire (black with green) Bottom row 3rd in from the left.

Only wire that comes out is the phone wire that goes to the V1.

If you do this you can't leave any wires above the sunglasses holder because there is no space between it and the roof. There is a space off to both sides to put the fuse holder and connector.

Good luck