GEN 2 V6 Eco-boost engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"We pushed the engine's limits beyond what we might consider in traditional development programs, which is important as we continue to advance EcoBoost technology as a centerpiece of the company's global line-up," said powertrain engineering VP, Bob Fascetti.

In other words, sorry haters, no v8 8 liter quad turbo coming.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"We pushed the engine's limits beyond what we might consider in traditional development programs, which is important as we continue to advance EcoBoost technology as a centerpiece of the company's global line-up," said powertrain engineering VP, Bob Fascetti.

There's no reason the same "technology" can't be used on a better engine layout. We already know they are developing a TTV8 for the GT500. And of course there is the new 7.0 liter DOHC V8 on the way.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's no reason the same "technology" can't be used on a better engine layout. We already know they are developing a TTV8 for the GT500. And of course there is the new 7.0 liter DOHC V8 on the way.
You know nothing of what you're talking about. It's okay though, you'll be fine.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you read? I wrote "I think"

Not I guess. Not I hope.

I think

I thought you'd understand my question...You THINK based on WHAT?! Are you guessing, hoping or just typing for fun? (In other words, are your thoughts based on any information or facts?)

NewAgePhilosopher

Reaction score

Why do you boobs keep feeling the need to validate and push your V6 Eco-boost? We get it, awesome mileage! Woop-dee-fracking-doo!

You're comparing a lightweight supercar to a truck. Do you understand how ridiculous it sounds? If I wanted a V6, I'd stick to the King of Off-road, JEEP. For $80k, I could build a JKR that would shit on all these V6 Eco-*****.

The majority wants a V8. Get with it. Stop making fools of yourselves.

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you boobs keep feeling the need to validate and push your V6 Eco-boost? We get it, awesome mileage! Woop-dee-fracking-doo!

You're comparing a lightweight supercar to a truck. Do you understand how ridiculous it sounds? If I wanted a V6, I'd stick to the King of Off-road, JEEP. For $80k, I could build a JKR that would shit on all these V6 Eco-*****.

You're going to build an $80k JKR that competes with the Raptor at desert running? Good luck with that.

NewAgePhilosopher

Reaction score
You're going to build an $80k JKR that competes with the Raptor at desert running? Good luck with that.

Sorry, I forgot I'm speaking to professionl Baja racers here. Jennifer isn't a trophy truck. The only thing a modified $80k JK/R wouldn't do as well as a Jenny is jump dunes (and it may not be as quick unless you drop a Hemi in it). High speed desert running isn't all about big jumps on big dunes. FYI, you'll see a lot more modified Wranglers here in the desert than you will trucks or Raptors.

I was a proud JKR owner before I got my Raptor. Only reason I 'upgraded' was because I use the vehicle as a DD, and the Raptor's nicer interior and better STOCK performance made more sense. And the V8. Oh, that V8.

As much as I love my '14 Raptor, I'm not a Ford fanboy - I tell it like it is. The day a legitimate competitor with a V8 is released, I'm jumping ship!

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You do realize you are the same retard on the other end of the v6 vs v8 argument, right?