GEN 2 V6 Eco-boost engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewAgePhilosopher

Reaction score
You do realize you are the same retard on the other end of the v6 vs v8 argument, right?

Actually, no. I'm part of the group of Gen1 owners who are disappointed by the downgrade in the engine offering from Ford for their brand new Raptor. I'm not one of the patsies who bought into the V6 Eco-shit marketing scam.

As most Gen1-ers have already mentioned time and time again:
1. 10-speed? Meh, not needed, but sure.
2. Aluminum body? Would have much preferred a steel body, but hell, it reduces the weight by so and so? Then I'll take it.
3. Snazzy new tech (terrain modes, etc)? Errr, I do prefer being able to control the truck more than it controls me. Oh, you can manually change stuff? OK, I'll try this out too.
4. Better shocks, stronger frame, better interior? Frack yea!
5. TTV6? ........

Why? What was wrong with the V8? Why not TT a V8? A high performance race truck with a V6? Are you kidding me?

The OP's article is a good read. But don't act like it validates putting a TTV6 into a HIGH PERFORMANCE RACE TRUCK. I'm willing to bet Bullishone's life that the day any form of a V8 (albeit one with better 'performance' numbers than this Eco-shit) is released, most of you Jenny's will trade in for that V8.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do you boobs keep feeling the need to validate and push your V6 Eco-boost? We get it, awesome mileage! Woop-dee-fracking-doo!

You're comparing a lightweight supercar to a truck. Do you understand how ridiculous it sounds? If I wanted a V6, I'd stick to the King of Off-road, JEEP. For $80k, I could build a JKR that would shit on all these V6 Eco-*****.

The majority wants a V8. Get with it. Stop making fools of yourselves.

Good thing you are handy and can build one. Because if you want a V8 then thats what you are going to have to do.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

Judd McPherson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, no. I'm part of the group of Gen1 owners who are disappointed by the downgrade in the engine offering from Ford for their brand new Raptor. I'm not one of the patsies who bought into the V6 Eco-shit marketing scam.

2. Aluminum body? Would have much preferred a steel body, but hell, it reduces the weight by so and so? Then I'll take it.
3. Snazzy new tech (terrain modes, etc)? Errr, I do prefer being able to control the truck more than it controls me. Oh, you can manually change stuff? OK, I'll try this out too.
5. TTV6? ........

Why? What was wrong with the V8? Why not TT a V8? A high performance race truck with a V6? Are you kidding me?

The OP's article is a good read. But don't act like it validates putting a TTV6 into a HIGH PERFORMANCE RACE TRUCK. I'm willing to bet Bullishone's life that the day any form of a V8 (albeit one with better 'performance' numbers than this Eco-shit) is released, most of you Jenny's will trade in for that V8.

That's awesome that you race your truck! Where do you race it at?

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score

5. TTV6? ........

They won't go back in time man. They'll probably make it a 4.0 v6tt. Why? Because they're smart. They already know the Gen2 whips the Gen1 in every measure possible.. why go backwards?

You're a stage5 clinger man, let it go... Shhhh. Let it go ...

Btw you are right about one thing, when they upgrade the engine (which they will eventually) I will upgrade!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score

5. TTV6? ........

So what's your ******* point? Ford made a truck you disapprove of and didn't buy? Can't understand why other people would buy it? There is no valid argument here, move the **** on.

If they made a v8tt, I would buy it too. Stop associating your life with the number of cylinders in a truck.

Piranharaptor

Reaction score
I too love v8s and was worried about the ecoboost. Got my gen2...still hard to wrap my head around the v6. It's unbelievable. I like when folks say "oh it's only a 6 cylinder" then I take then on a ride. Yeah I will consider a new one if they upgrade the engine. Till then this EB is king. I love and respect the gen 1 but this rig is superior. Hard to justify making a truck much faster. Just my opinion.