USB HUB RELOCATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else relocate the USB hub from the little cubby in front of the shifter? I am a fan of the apple car play/android auto but I feel like the entire cubby is taken up by my phone when I plug it in. I would love to use that cubby for other stuff like a flashlight, sunglasses case, extra keys etc... I'd gladly reroute the hub into the storage console because I like having my phone out of the way but really don't like that location.

Maybe it would be best to route a cable instead of the USB?

Kona754

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah cable routing prolly be much easier. I too wanna do the same thing so post back if you have any updates on what you ended up doing. I think itd be nice if there was usb in the center console to easily rest the phone in the top tray.

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to find it over there a while back but no luck. What I remember is the cable was routed to the center console. I’ll keep looking too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plug my phone in, but lay it in the thin cubby hole next to the shifter. That leaves the entire Sync cubby for other stuff. Mine never gets closed and the excess wire just coils inside the bottom of the cubby. It's also more convenient for me....seems like there are some things that are just easier to do on the phone itself instead of the Carplay interface.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume splitting off the USB feed line to the outlet would not be a problem if you wanted to open things up. I'm not a fan of CarPlay but I like that location for plugging in to charge...so I use a data blocker in front of a short right angle cable and mount my phone outside magnetically. Not sure if this would be helpful for you (minus the data blocker) but here is where I detailed my setup: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/my-iphone-setup.58820/

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually just looked at that thread and realized I had not yet switched to that USB location. Sorry I don't think I have pictures...but this is the data blocker I used in the lower console location and then the cable just exits at the corner of the cubby pinched slightly by the closed retractable door. You obviously would not want the data blocker as it is what blocks Car Play from triggering. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGM6LJB/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score