USB HUB RELOCATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of CarPlay but I like that location for plugging in to charge...so I use a data blocker in front of a short right angle cable and mount my phone outside magnetically.
Out of curiosity, why do you use the data blocker, and not just turn CarPlay off for your phone? I plug my phone in all the time and only enable CarPlay when I want it enabled...

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why do you use the data blocker, and not just turn CarPlay off for your phone? I plug my phone in all the time and only enable CarPlay when I want it enabled...

I never want CarPlay. Now with Sync3 I think you can just turn off all CarPlay in the Sync Preferences. I never want a CarPlay prompt for me or any passengers that might plug in...and no prompt for their phonebook updates either. I'm sure there are plenty of ways to accomplish it. $7 for a physical solution just got to me first.