Uneven back end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Netix

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
guys i think my eyes are playing tricks on me... ??? i filled up and it was still crooked. Came home and its straight???

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mt truck is stock and always has leaned one way or the other in the rear. Depends on how full the tank is and the direction of the last hard corner.

Gunner75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver rear typiclly sets a touch lower than the right. It set like this on the lot as well.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, is there any way to fix this? Before I put on the stage 3, I never noticed it, now that it's been on and settled I notice it more. Is the solution to put in a +1 national on the driver side? Would this fix it or would it sit higher after that with an empty tank? I'd really like to get it level.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One easy solution is to take your truck to a local heavy duty spring shop that can add some bend on the leafs of one side. Tell them to level it up. They have a machine that takes care of the rest. Basically they remove one side and custom add + .5, or 1, etc whatever is needed. Cost ~ $200 to $250. Done in an afternoon. The Nationals are REALLY elastic because there are so many thin leafs in the stack, so it will take them a few hours to get the job done right. But it will look good and does not affect performance in any significant way.

Be sure to fill gas tank to the desired level (half?) and add driver weight (sand bags?) if you drive solo and want perfection. And be sure bed is otherwise empty and undercarriage is clean and free of any weighty mud. Drive easy getting there and don't make any hard turns that might affect the ride height. You don't want anything to skew your results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter