Uneven back end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like she found a way to fix the uneven back end.

Attachments

• UnevenFix.JPG
    UnevenFix.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 72

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's funny but I have a real solution, if this don't fix your uneven sag nothing will.
Ke8u6BEXLUMA_B-_5gb45R4MvzlpObp6odlqtU5J3S_cMCz5AA.jpg

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude, my eyes will never be the same. Someone throw a burlap sack over those two.
G.D. those are some big gals.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One easy solution is to take your truck to a local heavy duty spring shop that can add some bend on the leafs of one side. Tell them to level it up. They have a machine that takes care of the rest. Basically they remove one side and custom add + .5, or 1, etc whatever is needed. Cost ~ $200 to $250. Done in an afternoon. The Nationals are REALLY elastic because there are so many thin leafs in the stack, so it will take them a few hours to get the job done right. But it will look good and does not affect performance in any significant way.

Be sure to fill gas tank to the desired level (half?) and add driver weight (sand bags?) if you drive solo and want perfection. And be sure bed is otherwise empty and undercarriage is clean and free of any weighty mud. Drive easy getting there and don't make any hard turns that might affect the ride height. You don't want anything to skew your results.

I just figured that I paid $1300 for the Nationals and not really wanting to spend another $250 but I will do what it takes. If I had known of this, I would have just ordered a +1 straight from RPG to begin with. Maybe I can work out a deal with them to get the driver one swapped out.

RobertH6657

Reaction score
My 2017 Raptor when sitting on level ground and full of fuel and no one in the truck sags 3/4" more on the Driver's Side. I am sure it sags even more when I am driving it solo. It is noticeable to the eye - especially when looking at the truck from the back. I have had comments as well. The rear suspension is so soft that I think a full tank absolutely adds to the sag. Makes sense. However, it still sags when the tank is nearly empty. Like 1/2" which I don't think makes sense or have the springs bent as recommended above in the thread. I think a 1/2" steel spacer between the Drivers Side leaf spring and axle would make it about right. The factory U-bolts don't appear to be long enough to support 1/2" spacer... but maybe. It is crazy how much it squats on the Driver's Side. IMHO Ford needs to put the gas tank on the Pass Side and let the Driver's weight balance it out.