Twin turbos on a Ram TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, gotta ask...why???
Wouldn't it be easier, more efficient, cheaper, to just tune and crank the supercharger boost??
I know you might loose the supercharged AND turbo'd factor, but ...

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, gotta ask...why???
Wouldn't it be easier, more efficient, cheaper, to just tune and crank the supercharger boost??
Same thing reason you lift a Raptor. Take off all the expensive stuff that makes it a Raptor and replace it. If you’re going to be dumb, it helps to be rich.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, gotta ask...why???
Easier and cheaper, yes. The most power? No.

Why?

People race things. Including trucks. People even drag race and road race semi tractors.

When you race vehicles, you always want more power.

The blower is using power to move air. At the same boost level on a TRX, you can get nearly 100 "free" HP by running turbos instead of a blower.

You also open up the ability to change your boost using a boost controller.

Of course you also get turbo lag too....

8250_RPM

Reaction score
Who's going to twin charge their Raptor in response

The real story is all about those wheels…they must have eaten all but what is left of those tires. Classic East Texas bro-dozin’.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ripatuned is legit. But, I'm very surprised there is no dyno sheet. They had to have tuned this thing on a dyno. If they didn't, RUN don't walk away.

There was a company called STS that made a rear-mount turbo setup like this for the SRT10 back in the day. It was responsible for killing many, many Viper trucks. I couldn't imgagine what that kind of boost spike would do to a supercharged engine like the 6.2L but it probably wouldn't be good.