Turning off dash lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Jurassic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys ok so here is the situation.
I want to be able to turn my headlight switch in the off position and it disable the instrument cluster lights as well as the touch screen back light. I have read about a "police dark car feature" in the pcm but it does not disable this.
I have done significant searches for this. Please Advise.

BTW its a 2013

The reasoning behind me doing this is i want to turn all my lights off and run completely dark except for my modified rigid's

I am taking my rigids and putting a IR filter on them so only a specific wavelength passes thru them. Then I will be navigating with a set of ATN GEN 4 NVG. Thus eliminating the "con's" to having so many lights and giving away my position.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No. He want's completely blacked out.

Look up gear tasting FJ by ITS tactical. He has a mod for this.

OP
OP
Mr Jurassic

Mr Jurassic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tasting or testing?.... yes i want it dark. the rocker switch is not dark enough

I searched it and came up with nothin. Would you happen to have the link?

Last edited:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
You have me intrigued. What are you doing that requires you to be blacked out? Also, maybe you should consider buying a Prius and doing it to that, it's quieter than the Raptor.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have me intrigued. What are you doing that requires you to be blacked out? Also, maybe you should consider buying a Prius and doing it to that, it's quieter than the Raptor.

Lets just say you should really be closing your blinds at night...