turn signal irritation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...just most americans are dumbfounded by how they work.

No, it's not, of course, a question of the design of traffic circles. It has to be about "dumfounded" Americans who are evidently too dumb to figure out how they work. Thanks for that. Next time I see a documentary about the Apollo program, WWII, the invention of powered flight, breaking the sound barrier, the invention of the electric light, phonograph, telephone, etc., I'll simply remind myself that it can't be true because Americans are too damn stupid to figure out how to drive on a traffic circle.

Added: The traffic circle was evidently invented by a French architect named Eugène Hénard. It is too late to shoot him for his crimes, as he died in 1923.

Last edited:

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still get 3 flashes with a trailer. Are you sure about the 5 flashes?

Yep, when I have my camper with trailer brakes plugged in to the round trailer plug, it flashes 5 times when I bump the turn signals. When I have my utility trailer plugged in to the flat trailer plug, it only flashes the normal 3 times.

D

Deleted member 12951

No, it's not, of course, a question of the design of traffic circles. It has to be about "dumfounded" Americans who are evidently too dumb to figure out how they work. Thanks for that. Next time I see a documentary about the Apollo program, WWII, the invention of powered flight, breaking the sound barrier, the invention of the electric light, phonograph, telephone, etc., I'll simply remind myself that it can't be true because Americans are too damn stupid to figure out how to drive on a traffic circle.

Added: The traffic circle was evidently invented by a French architect named Eugène Hénard. It is too late to shoot him for his crimes, as he died in 1923.

Americans drivers back then were smarter or less cars on the road, whichever comes first

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, when I have my camper with trailer brakes plugged in to the round trailer plug, it flashes 5 times when I bump the turn signals. When I have my utility trailer plugged in to the flat trailer plug, it only flashes the normal 3 times.

Must have to do with the electrical load? I wonder what would happen if you just added a resister to the turn signal circuit.

OP
OP
fshol

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back on topic, its not the amount of flashes that is the problem, but the fact that when you you move the steering wheel in the opposite direction it stops and can't be turned on again. Stopping only after a number of flashes (or manual stop) instead of after steering wheel movement would certainly be a better solution (for me at least)