TurboSmart EM BOV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pure745

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is definitely not 15 mins. It will take an hour if you've messed with the IC before. It might take 2 hours if you haven't. It's difficult getting a socket on those worm clamps up in there.

Ugh.. might just leave the VTA mod, free and took 4 seconds :) So why get this BOV over the one that's already out?

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is definitely not 15 mins. It will take an hour if you've messed with the IC before. It might take 2 hours if you haven't. It's difficult getting a socket on those worm clamps up in there.
15 seems a bit ambitious. Id bet an hour-ish. Taking ur time, having to drop skid plate and all.
Stock truck with all the tools right next to you, if you have done it before and someone is betting you. i might be able to do 15, tho ive had my IC out and my clamps are all rotated for access. But whos in a rush.

Jburns1122

Reaction score
I've installed both and I would say because of the extra fans and skid plate on the raptor over the stock F150 it will take a little bit longer than 15 minutes, especially if it's your first time and you're doing it on your driveway. Who cares, take your time and don't break anything, this isn't supposed to be a speed competition. ;)

Jburns1122

Reaction score
Ugh.. might just leave the VTA mod, free and took 4 seconds :) So why get this BOV over the one that's already out?

If you're going to run a tune and make more boost I would look into an upgrade. Ditch the plastic factory valve (which is essentially a Ford Explorer valve with an added resonator) :33:

Miggy

Reaction score
Wish I knew turbosmart was coming out with this. Just installed their older version with the sprinkler noise now. Too late to return it. Guess I gotta buy a throttle body spacer with boost ports...

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've got a good size stocking order of these new TurboSmart BOV's arriving to our Houston, TX shop in the next few days. If anyone is looking for a set, swing by our shop or you can order them online as well!

Link ---->>>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

TUvIydp.jpg
Just ordered mine from ya.. Thanks Chris and Jeff, always easy working with y’all

S778

Reaction score
Anyone tried bov block off plate for the flutter sound? and do they throw CEL codes ?

Might sound similar

Last edited:

Pure745

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're going to run a tune and make more boost I would look into an upgrade. Ditch the plastic factory valve (which is essentially a Ford Explorer valve with an added resonator) :33:

I'm running the Cobb 1.5 now, I do have concerns with boost leak like you said. I'll keep an eye out to see how others installations go.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, what it sounds like to me is that an aftermarket BOV is for nothing more than sound, UNLESS you run a Tune......correct?
Doesn't hold any higher boost without a tune, correct?
Any dangers caused by running an "open to atmosphere" BOV due to water or debris infiltration when off-roading?

Curious to learn more. Thanks.