BOV not making any noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianrg91

Reaction score
I recently had a bumper and intercooler installed by off-road alliance. I went with both svc bumper and intercooler. The SVC intercooler system re locates the original position of the factor BOV to the top right side of the intercooler.

I bought and had them install a turbosmart vee port em BOV and it makes no vent noise at all. Almost like it’s not even there. I brought this up to the techs at off-road alliance and they said because of the positioning of the BOV there won’t be barely any noise.

I watched a video on YouTube of a raptor that had the same set up with the svc intercooler and the BOV was making the traditional whoosh vent noise so now I don’t know what to think.

Anyone else have this issue or have ideas on what I should do? E211B161-C1CA-4102-9002-5055D0680E37.jpeg

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you don't have an aftermarket BOV?

You have some sort of aftermarket tube?

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya mine sounds like the matt video
hard on the gas and let off abruptly, it whooshs every time

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Turbosmart BOV was stuck in the closed position (therefore not blowing off excess pressure) after installing my Cobb FMIC. I sprayed just a bit of lube into the BOV and it has been blowing off as intended since then.

OP
OP
B

brianrg91

Reaction score
For the guys with the SVC intercooler, did you have them relocate the bov from the stock location or retain the intercooler/bov assembly in it’s original location?

@Russ103, what type of lube did you put in your bov?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have your windows closed? I can’t hear anything with mine closed but I hear all kinds of turbo and bov noises with them open. I have stock intercooler and bov but Cobb intake.

OP
OP
B

brianrg91

Reaction score
@isis No I ride with the windows down as much as possible. Turbo noise isn’t an issue as I hear plenty of that. I guess I was just under the assumption that I would unmistakably hear the bov whoosh and not have to guess if it was actually making the sound.