TurboSmart EM BOV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lngebrown

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out the benefit. Does it only improve the blow-off sound with no increased performance or response?

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out the benefit. Does it only improve the blow-off sound with no increased performance or response?
The aftermarket valve will hold more boost than the stock valve, so if you're running a tune, that is one point of possible failure. You won't see any performance gain unless you were leaking boost. The new valve is solid metal compared to the plastic OEM valve fwiw. If you just want sound, you can disconnect and plug the pipe going from bov back to the intake and it will just sent to atmosphere.

Jburns1122

Reaction score

You probably won't see any noticeable changes in horsepower...but overall the functional benefits of ditching the OEM valve are significant IMO. Cool sound, better response, and added durability/reliability under higher boost pressures. (I've used both Turbosmart valves btw) I would say the electronic one is going to be a better choice for most people looking for a plug n play solution.

Pure745

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Main reason to get a blow off valve is because of sound.. yes it will perform better than stock, but main reason is the sound - you either like it and get the BOV, or you dont, and leave it stock :)

I did the VTA mod and think I want more - hoping the install for this is as simple as it's said to be.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Main reason to get a blow off valve is because of sound.. yes it will perform better than stock, but main reason is the sound - you either like it and get the BOV, or you dont, and leave it stock :)

I did the VTA mod and think I want more - hoping the install for this is as simple as it's said to be.
Hardest part will be lowering the one side of the IC most likely. To rotate the old valve off. It rotates up and will hit under radiator.

hoping one of the FRF vendors chime in with a hookup, or someone arranges a group buy..

Pure745

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hardest part will be lowering the one side of the IC most likely. To rotate the old valve off. It rotates up and will hit under radiator.

hoping one of the FRF vendors chime in with a hookup, or someone arranges a group buy..

Yeah I would be in as well. Pending the install is really 15 min like I saw mentioned from TurboSmart (I think).

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would be in as well. Pending the install is really 15 min like I saw mentioned from TurboSmart (I think).
It is definitely not 15 mins. It will take an hour if you've messed with the IC before. It might take 2 hours if you haven't. It's difficult getting a socket on those worm clamps up in there.