BOV not making any noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I removed the re-circulation tube on my factory BPV and I can hear it with the windows up. Maybe y'all should go back to factory?
That's what I've done for now. I called turbosmart and they recommended i disassemble and clean the entire unit which i did - vid here:
Reinstalled and still it doesn't open. Maybe my actuator? Anyway, I've put the OEM back on for now and it works fine, it's just super large etc. Waiting to hear back from turbosmart.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I've done for now. I called turbosmart and they recommended i disassemble and clean the entire unit which i did - vid here:
Reinstalled and still it doesn't open. Maybe my actuator? Anyway, I've put the OEM back on for now and it works fine, it's just super large etc. Waiting to hear back from turbosmart.
You would think they’d tell us there is some kind of maintenance schedule to prevent early failure of these things?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You would think they’d tell us there is some kind of maintenance schedule to prevent early failure of these things?
Well to be honest, it's essentially just a piston in a housing. Mine wasn't that dirty. I think mine might have a bad actuator. I can move the piston with my fingers so it does move easily.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well to be honest, it's essentially just a piston in a housing. Mine wasn't that dirty. I think mine might have a bad actuator. I can move the piston with my fingers so it does move easily.
Mine wasn’t dirty either but I could not get the piston to budge.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
as i said in countless turbosmart EM BOV posts, its junk..

when it works, its pretty loud, even with windows up, on SVC intercooler...

but, it was always messed up, stuck open, stuck closed, check engine lights... i bet i took it off once every 30 days to service it..

i switched to a mechanical Turbosmart supersonic, and have not had one single issue since then, on the same SVC intercooler..

get rid of that junk