Turbo gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those DTCs indicate a corrupt PCM, which can be caused by the aftermarket calibration, low voltage to the PCM or high resistance in a PCM ground, or electromagnetic interference.

Start with inspecting the spark plugs, boots, wires, and coils. A failing ignition coil can generate enough EMI to cause those DTCs to set, especially cylinder 4 which is closest to the PCM. Adding forced induction wears the plugs much more quickly, and the combination of worn plug(s) and old/failing coils can induce this exact symptom and DTCs.
That's a great post right there, great info.

OP
OP
R

ramo

Reaction score
Those DTCs indicate a corrupt PCM, which can be caused by the aftermarket calibration, low voltage to the PCM or high resistance in a PCM ground, or electromagnetic interference.

Start with inspecting the spark plugs, boots, wires, and coils. A failing ignition coil can generate enough EMI to cause those DTCs to set, especially cylinder 4 which is closest to the PCM. Adding forced induction wears the plugs much more quickly, and the combination of worn plug(s) and old/failing coils can induce this exact symptom and DTCs.
This is great feedback, so it's running ngk tr6 plugs with new MSD coils and wires

However before changing the coils it was clear one of the stock coils was going bad and the plug on that coil looked like it was heading out, I think it might have caused the current ecu problems I'm currently facing. But it only ran about one tank of fuel on the stock coils after the turbo / tune was done.

Iv found "the man" electrician to investigate the grounding / wiring harness / voltage but he's currently busy with some wirinng jobs

OP
OP
R

ramo

Reaction score
You would need to check with Ford if the software is up to date. Check all of your wires and connectors. Make sure ground wires are hooked up.

Are you using the stock throttle body or aftermarket?
We will be doing this,

Throttle body is stock.....it was on our first list of things to check, was removed disassembled cleaned and reinstalled

OP
OP
R

ramo

Reaction score
I would get a new ECU and have it dyno tuned by someone who does those insane Patrols. Don't rely on SCT.
Maybe get a standalone like what holly makes? The name escapes me, but Cletus McFarland uses them in all his builds.
Hahahah I know lots of the owners of the crazy shops

Unfortunately so far no aftermarket ecu will run the gearbox and if it dose it won't run the rest of the truck (airbags / radio / ac / anything the BCM runs)

Iv dug into this subject alot and unfortunately running a stock computer looks like the only option

I looked into motec / holley / fueltech / maxxecu

Unfortunately they won't run the gearbox or everything else will be disabled in the car, and she's almost daily but definitely a weekend warrior

OP
OP
R

ramo

Reaction score
A bricked PCM? :think:

PCMs are generally not compatible across models. I would recommend ordering the correct module from one of the online Ford vendors that ship internationally, like Tasca Ford.

The wiring should be inspected before ordering a PCM, what are the symptoms and DTCs?
Hello
Any chance you have any other suppliers?
Used or new
Tasca sent back my money not in stock and back ordered

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello
Any chance you have any other suppliers?
Used or new
Tasca sent back my money not in stock and back ordered
Tasca is a Ford dealer, so if they are unable to obtain it then it’s unlikely you’ll find it somewhere else.

Did the shop check the ignition system and all circuitry?

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Hahahah I know lots of the owners of the crazy shops

Unfortunately so far no aftermarket ecu will run the gearbox and if it dose it won't run the rest of the truck (airbags / radio / ac / anything the BCM runs)

Iv dug into this subject alot and unfortunately running a stock computer looks like the only option

I looked into motec / holley / fueltech / maxxecu

Unfortunately they won't run the gearbox or everything else will be disabled in the car, and she's almost daily but definitely a weekend warrior
I’ve heard good things about Haltech. I saw someone running one on a raptor on Facebook a while back I believe, may be wrong about that,

OP
OP
R

ramo

Reaction score
Hone
Tasca is a Ford dealer, so if they are unable to obtain it then it’s unlikely you’ll find it somewhere else.

Did the shop check the ignition system and all circuitry?
I put the check on hold till I get a computer shipped. The computer is definitely bricked but the ignition system/ harness and grounds need investigating before the new ecu is put in

OP
OP
R

ramo

Reaction score
Hone

I put the check on hold till I get a computer shipped. The computer is definitely bricked but the ignition system/ harness and grounds need investigating before the new ecu is put in
If you got more info I'm definitely down for aftermarket