Turbo gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramo

Reaction score
Hello everyone

This is my first, and im hopping to get some some help !

I built my dream machine in the UAE Abu Dhabi, but I'm having problems.

Big single turbo gen 1 (6.2) currently on 9psi,

But the ecu has failed, or atleast that's what iv been told by the workshops. The wiring harness is currently under investigation, doing what I can not to fry another computer.

Can anyone advise if I can get a f250 6.2 ecu would work as a replacement as it's much cheaper. Or can someone recomend any other cheaper then flagship1 (1000usd before shipping) would be. Car has been parked about 2 months now waiting for me to find it a new ecu.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717-131134_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717-131134_WhatsApp.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230608_195411.jpg
    20230608_195411.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230608_195357.jpg
    20230608_195357.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 47

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne check this out lol
A bricked PCM? :think:
But the ecu has failed, or atleast that's what iv been told by the workshops. The wiring harness is currently under investigation, doing what I can not to fry another computer.

Can anyone advise if I can get a f250 6.2 ecu would work as a replacement as it's much cheaper. Or can someone recomend any other cheaper then flagship1 (1000usd before shipping) would be. Car has been parked about 2 months now waiting for me to find it a new ecu.
PCMs are generally not compatible across models. I would recommend ordering the correct module from one of the online Ford vendors that ship internationally, like Tasca Ford.

The wiring should be inspected before ordering a PCM, what are the symptoms and DTCs?

OP
OP
R

ramo

Reaction score
A bricked PCM? :think:

PCMs are generally not compatible across models. I would recommend ordering the correct module from one of the online Ford vendors that ship internationally, like Tasca Ford.

The wiring should be inspected before ordering a PCM, what are the symptoms and DTCs?
Not a complete brick but yes bricked

So if u disconnect the battery and let it reset it works all good sometimes one run sometimes 10 but once it starts it will shut off when coming to a stop / have a sudden momentary loss of power then get the wrench on the dash (if u turn it off and on it goes back to normal)
Also the symptoms might show at startup or after a long drive.

Strange thing is iv gotten different codes p060a / p1674 / u0422

Regarding the wiring harness the only thing we have done is extend one O2 sensor (it's only running on one) and extend the intake sensor (MAF)

Also my tuner used SCT

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I would get a new ECU and have it dyno tuned by someone who does those insane Patrols. Don't rely on SCT.
Maybe get a standalone like what holly makes? The name escapes me, but Cletus McFarland uses them in all his builds.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Other then what I did reloading the original tune, can the ecu be refreshed or updated

You would need to check with Ford if the software is up to date. Check all of your wires and connectors. Make sure ground wires are hooked up.

Are you using the stock throttle body or aftermarket?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not a complete brick but yes bricked

So if u disconnect the battery and let it reset it works all good sometimes one run sometimes 10 but once it starts it will shut off when coming to a stop / have a sudden momentary loss of power then get the wrench on the dash (if u turn it off and on it goes back to normal)
Also the symptoms might show at startup or after a long drive.

Strange thing is iv gotten different codes p060a / p1674 / u0422

Regarding the wiring harness the only thing we have done is extend one O2 sensor (it's only running on one) and extend the intake sensor (MAF)

Also my tuner used SCT
Those DTCs indicate a corrupt PCM, which can be caused by the aftermarket calibration, low voltage to the PCM or high resistance in a PCM ground, or electromagnetic interference.

Start with inspecting the spark plugs, boots, wires, and coils. A failing ignition coil can generate enough EMI to cause those DTCs to set, especially cylinder 4 which is closest to the PCM. Adding forced induction wears the plugs much more quickly, and the combination of worn plug(s) and old/failing coils can induce this exact symptom and DTCs.