Tuned Raptor VS TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run the TRX with a Hennessy Velociraptor
It will still lose to the TRX. The 3.5 is just too small of displacement.

The Raptor is going to need the Predator 5.2 making in the neighborhood of 700-725 HP to beat the TRX.

On top of that, once the TRX guys start tuning that hellcat engine it will be a monster.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First gear is 4.17:1 in the 6 speed and 4.69:1 in the 10 speed.

I do get that but I also remember staying in 1st gear a long, long time. I don't remember the speed but it feels like my 10sp has shifted almost twice by the time my old truck got out of first. Now I know it was a 3.55 rear end. The older 4.17 1st gear and 3.73 or 3.55 rear end just feels too tall to me. Maybe not

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Saw this video last night...surprised the Gen2 Stage2 didn’t do better...was the bucking the trans tune or was it wheel hop from stock leafs? The front looks taller so I think he only did front springs to fit the 37s and kept the baby leafs.

Edit: also, they accidentally did the stock raptor in 2WD and it was faster than in 4HI...wondering with traction bars and 2WD how the tuned truck would have done. Either way the TRX is clearly faster...they tech is just way different so wondering about where advantages are.

if the truck had the factory 35” C-rated K02s my guess is it’d be basically neck & neck

Maybe people will start waking up when it comes to modding this truck for “performance” & then adding heavy-ass 37”s, going to 33” LTs on my last 1/2 ton dropped the 0-60 time by almost 1/2 a second (the wheel tire setup was probably 13 lbs each over stock I think FWIW)

That’s how bad adding unsprung weight is for accelerating (and stopping)

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That tuned Raptor was on e30 fuel on top of the modifications to the truck. This means it is faster than a regular stage 2 with pump gas tune. Yes, I get the 37’s slow it down for sure, but with pump gas I think the Tuned Raptor would be a few cars back. That e30 makes a big difference.

You’re acting like it’s E85 or pure **** lol! “Pump gas” where I live has 15% ethanol anyhow....

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It will still lose to the TRX. The 3.5 is just too small of displacement.

The Raptor is going to need the Predator 5.2 making in the neighborhood of 700-725 HP to beat the TRX.

On top of that, once the TRX guys start tuning that hellcat engine it will be a monster.

did you even watch the vid guy? Sure if you mod the TRX it ups the ante but the cost of modding is so much more in the TRX w/ warranty on a $100k vs $70k truck at stake

if that tuned gen2 had stock 35”s it’d be neck & neck! Probably gave up .3-.5 sec 0-60 easy.

give me the $70k proven truck that gets 16mpg mixed all day long w/ the longer range, bigger shocks, & essentially the same acceleration w/ a $500 tune, better handling due to lower weight & the completely rust free AL body.

Any questions?

And when the powerboost gen3 comes out w/ even more power & I’m sure take a stock TRX easily in the acceleration dept w/ a tune, and even better range/mpgs more tech better suspension etc etc etc

if you want all that cake & eat a V8 too get the 5.2 SC gen3....

TerribleONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you even watch the vid guy? Sure if you mod the TRX it ups the ante but the cost of modding is so much more in the TRX w/ warranty on a $100k vs $70k truck at stake

if that tuned gen2 had stock 35”s it’d be neck & neck! Probably gave up .3-.5 sec 0-60 easy.

give me the $70k proven truck that gets 16mpg mixed all day long w/ the longer range, bigger shocks, & essentially the same acceleration w/ a $500 tune, better handling due to lower weight & the completely rust free AL body.

Any questions?

And when the powerboost gen3 comes out w/ even more power & I’m sure take a stock TRX easily in the acceleration dept w/ a tune, and even better range/mpgs more tech better suspension etc etc etc

I am not a ecoboost hater by any means.. After I did my goosetune and FMIC I have zero complains about the powertrain in the GEN 2 but a truck with these mods aint gettin anywhere near 16mpg mixed..

I am getting about 13mpg now and still on just 91. All highway I am lucky to get 15. Ethanol will just lower the efficiency even more.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Any questions?

I agree that the Raptor is superior in every way, at the end of the day these are OFF-ROAD performance machines.