Tuned Raptor VS TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fast lane truck did a few races here between stock and then tuned gen 2, also a supercharged gen 1 vs the trx. TRX won against the tuned raptor by about a half a truck. Overall I think the tuned raptor did really well having about an 80ish HP deficit.

D

Deleted member 17706

If it didnt have 37's would have been a tie?

Maybe. Also, if he had traction bars and/or Deavers that would have made a big difference. The tuned Raptor was bucking all over the place against the stock Raptor on their second run—I assume that was just wheel hop. I want to see a Raptor on full E85 against the TRX.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny how the "700hp" gen 1 got embarrassed by a stock gen 2.

Yeah that was really weird. Almost 8 seconds to 60 too. A stock gen 1 should be that fast. 200K miles have really slowed that truck down.

Impressive showing from the gen2 on 37s. Why not do stock gen 2 vs TRX I guess they are saving that for the next video...

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
people conveniently for get about and dont talk about the extra 1,000 pounds the TRX carries. Ford's commitment to aluminum is really paying off.

"on paper" there is a 250hp gap, but in reality 150 of the extra HP is needed to carry all the extra weight.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That tuned Raptor was on e30 fuel on top of the modifications to the truck. This means it is faster than a regular stage 2 with pump gas tune. Yes, I get the 37’s slow it down for sure, but with pump gas I think the Tuned Raptor would be a few cars back. That e30 makes a big difference.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They already did that a long time ago. Honestly a stock gen 2 isn't fast. Put some supporting mods on and a good tune and it really moves.

Thought that might be the case. Regardless, TRX is also stock I'm sure people will be throwing pulleys and tunes on there too and then even the tuned raptor will be left behind. Raptor R should be a lot closer.