Tuned Raptor VS TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not a ecoboost hater by any means.. After I did my goosetune and FMIC I have zero complains about the powertrain in the GEN 2 but a truck with these mods aint gettin anywhere near 16mpg mixed..

I am getting about 13mpg now and still on just 91. All highway I am lucky to get 15. Ethanol will just lower the efficiency even more.

Ummm ok? My 2018 had gearhead tune for 25k miles averaged 15.5mpg & I drove it 50% around town & probably remote Start idled it like every other time I got in.

my 2020, still stock & 3500 miles, averaging more like 13.5-14, but recently started getting much better I assume had to break in & get tranny dialed in etc it’s getting bout 16 now

dunno what you’re doing different, I tow a utility trailer & jet ski(s) fairly often too although that isn’t going to factor in the overall MPG too much.

I gotta be honest I’m actually surprised it does as good as it does.

TerribleONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm ok? My 2018 had gearhead tune for 25k miles averaged 15.5mpg & I drove it 50% around town & probably remote Start idled it like every other time I got in.

my 2020, still stock & 3500 miles, averaging more like 13.5-14, but recently started getting much better I assume had to break in & get tranny dialed in etc it’s getting bout 16 now

dunno what you’re doing different, I tow a utility trailer & jet ski(s) fairly often too although that isn’t going to factor in the overall MPG too much.

I gotta be honest I’m actually surprised it does as good as it does.

Hand calculating it with Fuelly. The computer is generous especially after the tune.

Averaging 13.6 over the last 4k miles. Best MPG is 14.9. Worst is 11.8 (all city and a lot of short trips to and from work/the gym.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hand calculating it with Fuelly. The computer is generous especially after the tune.

Averaging 13.6 over the last 4k miles. Best MPG is 14.9. Worst is 11.8 (all city and a lot of short trips to and from work/the gym.

My ‘15 GMC 6.2 went from bout 15mpg to 13.5 combined after just adding bilstein leveling shocks raising front end 2” & 33” LT rated KO2s that added 13 lbs a corner over the crap 31.5” wrangler SRAs on it stock....w/ their 420hp/460tq ecotec V8 the AFM crap (that stopped activating pretty much entirely after the 33”s b/c it was always working just that Lil bit harder it wouldn’t drop into 4cyl mode)

now if I added another 1” of height along w/ 35” tires & maybe headers & intake to try & match a gen2 raptor power level on top of that? Probably be lucky to average 10mpg

consider that

a TRX? It’ll be single digits if you or I drove it same as our Rappys I’m sure

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My ‘15 GMC 6.2 went from bout 15mpg to 13.5 combined after just adding bilstein leveling shocks raising front end 2” & 33” LT rated KO2s that added 13 lbs a corner over the crap 31.5” wrangler SRAs on it stock....w/ their 420hp/460tq ecotec V8 the AFM crap (that stopped activating pretty much entirely after the 33”s b/c it was always working just that Lil bit harder it wouldn’t drop into 4cyl mode)

now if I added another 1” of height along w/ 35” tires & maybe headers & intake to try & match a gen2 raptor power level on top of that? Probably be lucky to average 10mpg

consider that

a TRX? It’ll be single digits if you or I drove it same as our Rappys I’m sure

Few variable between the GMC and the raptor:

raptor is probably lighter, geared for the tires on it compared to the gmc.

Big thing that helps and can hurt the raptor though is the turbos. I loved my gen 1 ecoboost with a tune, torque came on nice and low (~90% of max below 1900rpms?) but once I lay into it and hit around 14.7psi I have essentially doubled the air into the cylinder. Rough math making it a 7 liter. I could make my ecoboost get relatively poor mileage.

I would have liked to see what a smaller V8 (4.6 to 5.0liter) with twin turbos could do from both a power/torque and economy standpoints. Basically a larger ecoboost. Would be interesting.

oliver1539

Reaction score
Wow, that tuned Raptor was certainly impressive! What tune/mods gets you that type of horsepower?!

oliver1539

Reaction score
Think I heard it was Goosetuned E-30. Just think what E-85 would be like.
I can’t imagine! I’m really considering selling or trading in my 2013 Roush Raptor with only 50k miles. I didn’t realize those 3.5s could perform that well. Wow

Last edited: