Tuned Raptor VS TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can’t imagine! I’m really considering selling or trading in my 2013 Roush Raptor with only 50k miles. I didn’t realize those 3.5s could perform that well. Wow

Local buddy is now running an E-50 Goose tune. Truck literally jumps 0-60. Truck should run well into the 12’s in the quarter. Not that the 93 tunes are shabby either. They rip too. Little 3.5 moves nicely.

oliver1539

Reaction score
Local buddy is now running an E-50 Goose tune. Truck literally jumps 0-60. Truck should run well into the 12’s in the quarter. Not that the 93 tunes are shabby either. They rip too. Little 3.5 moves nicely.

It has really opened my eyes. We’re looking at a 18 tomorrow. Probably going to trade the Toyota Pro and keep the 13. There’s much hope for the 2021!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It has really opened my eyes. We’re looking at a 18 tomorrow. Probably going to trade the Toyota Pro and keep the 13. There’s much hope for the 2021!

Toyota Pro or Gen 2? I’m leaning GEN2!!!!!!!

But maybe I’m biased LOL definitely a lot of potential with it ;)

oliver1539

Reaction score
Toyota Pro or Gen 2? I’m leaning GEN2!!!!!!!

But maybe I’m biased LOL definitely a lot of potential with it ;)
I agree 100%! I would love to keep the gen 1 and get the gen 2. I guess it really comes down to numbers. I love Toyota for the reliability, but they don’t compare to a Raptor...

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought I heard Goose, but I could stand corrected.
It’s MPT- they say it in the beginning

and “E30” tuned really ain’t special, I had gearhead tune on my 2018, they have auto octane adjust & can adjust some for ethanol- my 93 octane “pump gas” locally contains a MINIMUM of 15% ethanol

Now if they were running & tuned for E85 yeah that would be a more substantial difference

there’s a lot of reasons a tuned gen2 crushes a blown gen 1 & can hang w/ a TRX stock, not the least of which is weight- gen2 is 1000+ lbs lighter than a TRX & probably 6-700 lbs lighter than gen 1

And it has a 10 speed Transmission
Not a 6
Not an 8
A TEN = chop up & utilize the power available more efficiently AND allow for more aggressive gearing

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

and “E30” tuned really ain’t special, I had gearhead tune on my 2018, they have auto octane adjust & can adjust some for ethanol- my 93 octane “pump gas” locally contains a MINIMUM of 15% ethanol

Now if they were running & tuned for E85 yeah that would be a more substantial difference

there’s a lot of reasons a tuned gen2 crushes a blown gen 1 & can hang w/ a TRX stock, not the least of which is weight- gen2 is 1000+ lbs lighter than a TRX & probably 6-700 lbs lighter than gen 1

Not a 6
Not an 8
A TEN = chop up & utilize the power available more efficiently AND allow for more aggressive gearing

Thanks for the correction, as I would want the correct tuner to get the credit.

True E-30 isn’t that exotic of a tune today and it’s an easy mix at the pump. I see loads of cars pumping in straight E-85 at a station I go to regularly. Sure, an E-85 tune is something to talk about on these trucks. I know what E-50 can do.

oliver1539

Reaction score

Not a 6
Not an 8

Makes complete sense. Power to weight ratio and newer technology makes a huge difference.
I traded the Pro in yesterday for a one owner 2018. There is no comparison! Heck, the 18 even blows my gen 1 on interior, comfort and technology.