Tucson to Phoenix Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yunk the Junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So new here and new to Raptoring. I am working with @m3dragon and putting a route together from Tucson to the Grand Canyon. First leg will be up to Phoenix. @The Macf will be down on the 5th and 6th and looking to pre-run the trail up then run it on the way back. Anyone is open to join. Please remember that the trail has not been ran before so this is the test for it.
@Notty @2008fx4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Y

Yunk the Junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will get the maps on wends and scope them out to see where the start point will be. And base the meet up off that. At this moment I was gauging interest and throw it out.

But it will more than likely be that Saturday.

Notty

Reaction score
So new here and new to Raptoring. I am working with @m3dragon and putting a route together from Tucson to the Grand Canyon. First leg will be up to Phoenix. @The Macf will be down on the 5th and 6th and looking to pre-run the trail up then run it on the way back. Anyone is open to join. Please remember that the trail has not been ran before so this is the test for it.
@Notty @2008fx4

This sounds like a blast but I will possibly be TDY at that time. I should know more later this week. I'll let you know what happens and if I can join the trip.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much pavement? It is impossible to do entire trip on dirt, mostly on dirt, not all. How rough of dirt roads/trails do you want? Fast rally stage type of roads or Forest Service fire roads or pavement to off road trails? How much low range work and scratched skid plates do you want? How many days trip one way? Return to Tucson same route?

There are so many different routes to go. The east side and center of the state offer many ways north to south. Many of which are not possible right now due to annual and weather related closures. Keep in mind Indian Reservations, many do not like interlopers without permits except on paved roads.

If you can get reservations, Casner Mountain Trail is a fantastic trail. It runs between the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness and Red Rock-Secret Mountain Wilderness. Only a limited amount of fullsize rigs are allowed so permits are required. It is a cool way from Cottonwood(ish) through Parks to the Grand Canyon.

You can stay on the big roads and make it from Tucson to GC in about 6 hours. Throw too much play roads into the route and it will not be a quick day trip.

Get all the National Forest Motor Vehicle Use (MVUM) maps you can for Az. I think only Kaibab, Coconino and Precott National Forests have them at this time. They are the official "where you can drive" document.

You are welcome to PM me.

OP
OP
Y

Yunk the Junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much pavement? It is impossible to do entire trip on dirt, mostly on dirt, not all. How rough of dirt roads/trails do you want? Fast rally stage type of roads or Forest Service fire roads or pavement to off road trails? How much low range work and scratched skid plates do you want? How many days trip one way? Return to Tucson same route?

There are so many different routes to go. The east side and center of the state offer many ways north to south. Many of which are not possible right now due to annual and weather related closures. Keep in mind Indian Reservations, many do not like interlopers without permits except on paved roads.

If you can get reservations, Casner Mountain Trail is a fantastic trail. It runs between the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness and Red Rock-Secret Mountain Wilderness. Only a limited amount of fullsize rigs are allowed so permits are required. It is a cool way from Cottonwood(ish) through Parks to the Grand Canyon.

You can stay on the big roads and make it from Tucson to GC in about 6 hours. Throw too much play roads into the route and it will not be a quick day trip.

Get all the National Forest Motor Vehicle Use (MVUM) maps you can for Az. I think only Kaibab, Coconino and Precott National Forests have them at this time. They are the official "where you can drive" document.

You are welcome to PM me.

Thanks for the input and help. I am not sure on all of the details so far I will take a look at all of the maps when I get them and will PM you when I have more details.