TSB downsides - wiper - tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

openspaces

Reaction score
In the process of acquiring a 2020 with a Aug 2020 builddate. To my knowledge that should eliminate it from the historical cam phaser issues but there's still a wiper and tailgate tsb. (need to double check vin for sure)

I was planning to ask that these be addressed/fixed but wondering if I might be better with the original versions. For those that have had these done are there any noticeable downsides?

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only downside is the law of unintended consequences, what else can the dealer mess up when doing the work. This is why i deal with freezing door locks because of the invasiveness of the door lock freezing concern. I haven't had the tailgate issue, but I have a lot of dielectric grease on the connections in the tailgate and a tonnue cover and parked in the garage most of the time. I think one or all of these have helped me.

OP
OP
openspaces

openspaces

Reaction score
Yeah, pulled the google link but the nhtsa/recall numbers are tied to a gen2 vehicle.

KAJRIP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something to be aware of if you have the tail gate done you will not be able to open the tailgate with the truck running which is a major inconvenience in certain situations.

I know, first world problem.

You will also have to double tap the soft button on the tailgate to release it and if you have the mod to release from the upfitter switches it won’t work anymore.

I wish I could go back to the way it was originally.

OP
OP
openspaces

openspaces

Reaction score
Me either. I’ve been through many sets.

Something to be aware of if you have the tail gate done you will not be able to open the tailgate with the truck running which is a major inconvenience in certain situations.

I wish I could go back to the way it was originally.
This is the type of info I was worried about. Thx.