TRX vs Raptor Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

belacyrf

Reaction score
I think the TRX is amazing for what it's meant to be. Personally not a fan of the looks and it's not at all pratical for me. Heck, I have NO plans to regularly baja or off-road the raptor. I love the way it looks, and it's still fairly practical.

I found some anecdotal evidence that speaks to the softening market for the TRX. Do a search on a car site and see how many are available.
Within 300 miles of my place on Autotrader, I found 65 TRX's available. A large majority with less than 3000 miles. I used the same parameters for the raptor. Only 5 are available. I think that explains why Dodge has already announced the EOL for the TRX.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m loving my V6…and all the benefits that come along with it. Guess that makes me a communist huh…
Bro I would only agree with that, if you removed your turbos and pumped regular unleaded lol.

Your good.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the TRX is amazing for what it's meant to be. Personally not a fan of the looks and it's not at all pratical for me. Heck, I have NO plans to regularly baja or off-road the raptor. I love the way it looks, and it's still fairly practical.

I found some anecdotal evidence that speaks to the softening market for the TRX. Do a search on a car site and see how many are available.
Within 300 miles of my place on Autotrader, I found 65 TRX's available. A large majority with less than 3000 miles. I used the same parameters for the raptor. Only 5 are available. I think that explains why Dodge has already announced the EOL for the TRX.
I love the Raptor more than the TRX and resale on the Raptor will be better, but only because Ford is limiting production while Ram is making as many TRXs as possible.

Last edited:

RaptorND

Reaction score

I bet half of those trucks available are because people were tired of the 5-10 mpg average. We all have heard “you drive an $80k truck who cares about gas costs blah blah blah” but it does matter

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yep I bailed to the TRX until the R comes out... But I love both trucks... I really do... just a little biased now because it's nice to be into a super charged V8 again... And the TRX level 2 interior is really nice... no hanging threads like underneath the headrest on every raptor I've seen...

And unlike the 90 + % of people here who have never driven their raptor off road, the TRX really does hold its own... It really is a beast...

But if the Raptor R is everything they say it's going to be I will be trading my TRX in on that... Already have a couple supposedly on order, Whatever that means from those steelerships...lol

Come on ford, bring that R... SO I can decide!!:angels2:

I know you are on it but plugging it anyways - www.trx-forum.com.

Now with the Raptor R. I have no doubt Ford will release it but I hope they dont make it a limited production vehicle.