TRX to 2022 Raptor (Atlas Blue)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my 21 from Phil Long Chapel Hills and it delivered 10/2. MSRP. No pressure to add anything on on their end. They actually found me financing that was basically free money (I had planned to pay cash) that wasn't their in house financing. I'll be a customer for life after that experience.

Glad you all got great deals with Phil Long here in Co, and some of you even with Chapel Hills Phil Long here in the Springs, but my experience with them was completely different.

I purchased a used Raptor from them about 3 weeks ago and I had inquired about ordering a new one and they basically laughed in my face. Not sure if it's because I'm quite young and they didn't think I was serious or what. Another salesman also tried to tell me that they don't negotiate on used vehicles, which is funny because I got 4000$ off their asking price on the raptor I did end up buying. I'd consider giving them another chance in the future if my wife decides she wants a Raptor as well, but I won't hold my breath.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with BoostCreep. The rest of that argument is then that the trucks are also getting toward the limit of what will work on the street/daily use as far as suspension setups go. I'm all about getting out in nature and having fun but eventually you come to the realization that you're just better off towing a side by side behind your pickup rather than trying to use said pickup off-road.
I’ve thought that myself a few times until I pass a side x side in the desert and they are covered in dust and it’s over 100 degrees outside. I typically turn my cooled seats on and turn down my a/c. Then I realize my Raptor is perfect…haha

ra2911

Reaction score
Weird that you ordered a 22 in September. I thought order banks for 22s didn’t open till October. I placed an order early October, got a allocation which was part of their November allocation. If you don’t have anything by now I’d be asking for answers.
Also, I saw another post in here about someone ordering a 37 at msrp from Phil long. Was told they won’t sell the 37 at msrp, there was ADM as they don’t have as many allocations for those. Seems like everyone gets different stories
Thanks. I think technically it went in early October - they held it when I put it in in September. I’ve been following-up every other week and they’ve told me no one has received raptors….

can you DM me the last 4 of your vin so I can quote that to them and prove to them they’re just not telling the truth and demand answers on that basis - that’s what I get every time, give me a vin and I’ll tell you that it hasn’t been delivered ……

So over Ford and their dealership network, such a disgrace compared to others in the market

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve thought that myself a few times until I pass a side x side in the desert and they are covered in dust and it’s over 100 degrees outside. I typically turn my cooled seats on and turn down my a/c. Then I realize my Raptor is perfect…haha
For me it’s this, the wife likes to explore but doesn’t wanna be covered in dust. The Raptor keeps up pretty well and is just a nice place to be.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad you all got great deals with Phil Long here in Co, and some of you even with Chapel Hills Phil Long here in the Springs, but my experience with them was completely different.

I purchased a used Raptor from them about 3 weeks ago and I had inquired about ordering a new one and they basically laughed in my face. Not sure if it's because I'm quite young and they didn't think I was serious or what. Another salesman also tried to tell me that they don't negotiate on used vehicles, which is funny because I got 4000$ off their asking price on the raptor I did end up buying. I'd consider giving them another chance in the future if my wife decides she wants a Raptor as well, but I won't hold my breath.
I think someone can have a good experience at most any dealership, depending. Depending on the sales person, the economy, the inventory, the time of the month, expectations, and car-buying experience. When I was shopping my 2020, PLCH dicked me around, playing the BS car sales games. I went elsewhere. Their service department ... makes the sales guys look good. Like gods, even. Don't get me started. :)

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think someone can have a good experience at most any dealership, depending. Depending on the sales person, the economy, the inventory, the time of the month, expectations, and car-buying experience. When I was shopping my 2020, PLCH dicked me around, playing the BS car sales games. I went elsewhere. Their service department ... makes the sales guys look good. Like gods, even. Don't get me started. :)
I had my previous F150 serviced at the chapel hills service center (oil changes, tire rotations, etc), but I was hesitant to let them work on the raptor. Do you trust them? I need to get a few of the recalls done and need to find the most competent dealer.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my previous F150 serviced at the chapel hills service center (oil changes, tire rotations, etc), but I was hesitant to let them work on the raptor. Do you trust them? I need to get a few of the recalls done and need to find the most competent dealer.
Good to know, wonder if their service department in Denver (Littleton/Lakewood) area is better. I’ve had my current truck serviced at Groove ford and they were great, I wouldn’t hesitate to take my raptor there at all

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve had groove recommended to me. Haven’t tried them. I let PL Motor City do the recall on my backup camera. Had to make two trips because they didn’t figure out that the camera wasn’t in stock until after I dropped it off. I should have asked. Oh wait, I did.

The SA at CH was a recreational liar. He told stupid lies that were easy to check. He had to be doing it for fun. But he was incompetent. They had my truck for two months because they didn’t care enough or know enough to escalate with Ford.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I passed some UTV's with my VMP supercharged built F-150 on dirt roads. I was really happy with the pass. But on the other hand I also own a 2021 RZR Pro Xp which I drive very aggressively, and with all confidence I can tell you that I can abuse the RZR way way more than the truck, the amount of fun and satisfaction I get after driving the RZR is not even comparable to the Truck. Sorry but I was not convinced with the comparison and can assure you the side by side is a better off- roader in every aspect.

Mxsledder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I passed some UTV's with my VMP supercharged built F-150 on dirt roads. I was really happy with the pass. But on the other hand I also own a 2021 RZR Pro Xp which I drive very aggressively, and with all confidence I can tell you that I can abuse the RZR way way more than the truck, the amount of fun and satisfaction I get after driving the RZR is not even comparable to the Truck. Sorry but I was not convinced with the comparison and can assure you the side by side is a better off- roader in every aspect.
Totally agree with that! A good performance side by side is in an entirely different universe.
Plus it’s just much easier to beat on that and keep my Raptor nice but to each their own.