TRX to 2022 Raptor (Atlas Blue)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awls

Reaction score
Hello from Colorado! Just picked up this 2022 Atlas Blue 800A. Worked with Phil Long Ford here which was great and followed through with their promise of msrp (originally ordered a Velocity Blue 2021 in September, was resubmitted as a 2022). I think I got it relatively quickly because the only options were the beadlocks, Torsen, and spray in bed liner.

Previously had a 2022 TRX that I loved and had full intention of keeping, until a local dealer offered me $80k for it (last I checked they had it listed on their website for $99k). The TRX was a bare base model but I loved it, acceleration was unreal and I don’t expect the Raptor to compete in that area (I had a 2018 Raptor for a few years so I’m familiar with the engine).

Only about 60 miles on the Raptor so far, and initial impressions are much better than the gen 2. I had the cam phaser issue on my 2018 which was a major reason for selling it. I’ll update as I put more miles on this one. I am at 8000ft so I am expecting decreased performance due to that.

3B1E0EDA-48C6-4735-A677-E7C9F826741A.jpeg

12CC2B38-4215-43DE-8BAB-FE252932AEC0.jpeg

Last edited:

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello from Colorado! Just picked up this 2022 Atlas Blue 800A. Worked with Phil Long ford here which was great and followed through with their promise of msrp (originally ordered a Velocity Blue 2021 in September, was resubmitted as a 2022). I think I got it relatively quickly because the only options were the beadlocks, Torsen, and spray in bed liner.

Previously had a 2022 TRX that I loved and had full intention of keeping, until a local dealer offered me $80k for it (last I checked they had it listed on their website for $99k). The TRX was a bare base model but I loved it, acceleration was unreal and I don’t expect the Raptor to compete in that area (I had a 2018 Raptor for a few years so I’m familiar with the engine).

Only about 60 miles on the Raptor so far, and initial impressions are much better than the gen 2. I had the cam phaser issue on my 2018 which was a major reason for selling it. I’ll update as I put more miles on this one. I am at 8000ft so I am expecting decreased performance due to that.

View attachment 335858

View attachment 335859
Literally the first Atlas I’ve seen a pic of, and it’s covered in snow…. LMAO

OP
OP
awls

awls

Reaction score
Literally the first Atlas I’ve seen a pic of, and it’s covered in snow…. LMAO
Yup sorry haha, I was looking all over the forum for Atlas pics before it arrived. Expecting some sun today so I'll upload another pic. I do like the Atlas, it is much brighter in sunlight. This pic was taken right at sunrise.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup sorry haha, I was looking all over the forum for Atlas pics before it arrived. Expecting some sun today so I'll upload another pic. I do like the Atlas, it is much brighter in sunlight. This pic was taken right at sunrise.
Looks like you have some snow to go have fun in. Truck looks great. Congrats on landing one!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on the Gen 3, beautiful Raptor, please post another pic if the sun comes out, would really like to see that color.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello from Colorado! Just picked up this 2022 Atlas Blue 800A. Worked with Phil Long Ford here which was great and followed through with their promise of msrp (originally ordered a Velocity Blue 2021 in September, was resubmitted as a 2022). I think I got it relatively quickly because the only options were the beadlocks, Torsen, and spray in bed liner.

View attachment 335858

View attachment 335859
How is the size comparison between the two. I know my Raptor looks smaller in pictures than it is in person, but that TRX looks bigger. I have seen a F250 in Atlas blue and I love the color. After seeing Atlas Blue in person, I might have chosen that over black if it were available on the 21's. Beautiful truck!

OP
OP
awls

awls

Reaction score
How is the size comparison between the two. I know my Raptor looks smaller in pictures than it is in person, but that TRX looks bigger. I have seen a F250 in Atlas blue and I love the color. After seeing Atlas Blue in person, I might have chosen that over black if it were available on the 21's. Beautiful truck!
They feel pretty similar in size when driving. I think the TRX looks bigger/wider partly because of the more horizontal headlights (still on the fence about the massive headlights on the Raptor). You can definitely tell that the TRX is heavier despite the faster acceleration. My feeling is that the Raptor will be better in every aspect other than the engine, and I've accepted that the V6 is enough usable power. I was getting about 12-13mpg in the TRX, and it was way too tempting to floor it at every stoplight.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Raptor. I also ordered from Phil Long back in October and have a build date for Feb. Hearing they stuck to MSRP once the truck arrived makes me feel a bit better. Did they ask you to use their financing or anything like that? If you dont mind me asking, which sales rep did you work with?

OP
OP
awls

awls

Reaction score
Congrats on the new Raptor. I also ordered from Phil Long back in October and have a build date for Feb. Hearing they stuck to MSRP once the truck arrived makes me feel a bit better. Did they ask you to use their financing or anything like that? If you dont mind me asking, which sales rep did you work with?
Thanks! I worked with Freddy and Chai, they did add a ~$1000 windshield protection thing but quickly removed it when I told them I didn't want it. I paid cash, they didn't put any pressure on financing (looking back I would've happily financed if the rate was good).

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I worked with Freddy and Chai, they did add a ~$1000 windshield protection thing but quickly removed it when I told them I didn't want it. I paid cash, they didn't put any pressure on financing (looking back I would've happily financed if the rate was good).
I'll keep an eye out for the windshield protection fee. I plan on having the front of the truck PPF'd as well as the windshield. I've had a few broken windshields out here. Enjoy the truck!