TRX to 2022 Raptor (Atlas Blue)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 22 non-37inch in Sept with them and still no VIN.

Which Phil long did you use? They have been telling me for a few months that my VIN is coming “any day now” …. All but given up and at the point I’ll never buy a Ford!
Weird that you ordered a 22 in September. I thought order banks for 22s didn’t open till October. I placed an order early October, got a allocation which was part of their November allocation. If you don’t have anything by now I’d be asking for answers.
Also, I saw another post in here about someone ordering a 37 at msrp from Phil long. Was told they won’t sell the 37 at msrp, there was ADM as they don’t have as many allocations for those. Seems like everyone gets different stories

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well he apparently thinks "off road" trucks aren't meant to go fast.... Must be a bunch of prior jeep Wrangler off roaders in here
I think you’re missing the point. The Gen 2 and Gen 3 are suspension limited off road at stock power levels, to go faster in an off road race environment, they need suspension upgrades, not more power. The TRX is even worse. It’s slower than a G3 off road and about the same as a G2, it’s only faster 0-60 on tarmac. Which brings us to the original point, what’s the purpose of a tarmac 0-60 or 1/4 time when the vehicles purpose is to go fast off road?

If the TRX had more travel, gas bumps, better shocks, and was lighter, so that you could actually use the 700hp off road, then it would be a different story. The thing has launch control for stoplight racing for god sakes, that’s all you need to know.

sausage416

Reaction score
I think you’re missing the point. The Gen 2 and Gen 3 are suspension limited off road at stock power levels, to go faster in an off road race environment, they need suspension upgrades, not more power. The TRX is even worse. It’s slower than a G3 off road and about the same as a G2, it’s only faster 0-60 on tarmac. Which brings us to the original point, what’s the purpose of a tarmac 0-60 or 1/4 time when the vehicles purpose is to go fast off road?

If the TRX had more travel, gas bumps, better shocks, and was lighter, so that you could actually use the 700hp off road, then it would be a different story. The thing has launch control for stoplight racing for god sakes, that’s all you need to know.
Thanks for taking the time to explain this to him, some people don’t have the mental capacity to grasp such concept.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with BoostCreep. The rest of that argument is then that the trucks are also getting toward the limit of what will work on the street/daily use as far as suspension setups go. I'm all about getting out in nature and having fun but eventually you come to the realization that you're just better off towing a side by side behind your pickup rather than trying to use said pickup off-road.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
They feel pretty similar in size when driving. I think the TRX looks bigger/wider partly because of the more horizontal headlights (still on the fence about the massive headlights on the Raptor). You can definitely tell that the TRX is heavier despite the faster acceleration. My feeling is that the Raptor will be better in every aspect other than the engine, and I've accepted that the V6 is enough usable power. I was getting about 12-13mpg in the TRX, and it was way too tempting to floor it at every stoplight.
Wow 12-13 is super good, I didn’t even think it went that high. I’m sitting at high 14’s in the Gen1 raptor so not that far off

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Agree with BoostCreep. The rest of that argument is then that the trucks are also getting toward the limit of what will work on the street/daily use as far as suspension setups go. I'm all about getting out in nature and having fun but eventually you come to the realization that you're just better off towing a side by side behind your pickup rather than trying to use said pickup off-road.

I was just thinking about this yesterday myself. Makes me start to think the Raptor R may just be an off-road only animal.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They also like to throw 22s on their trucks...

Off road is a very broad general term as well...