Truck's at the dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Getting good use out of my loaner. Drove it 800 miles today to Dallas and back to get Ducatisps' bumpers and skid plates. Averaged 24 mpg. Found something I liked that my Raptor doesn't have: the new 3-blink lane changer.

Peter, thanks again. Nice meeting your wife and seeing your awesome car collection.:waytogo:

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Getting good use out of my loaner. Drove it 800 miles today to Dallas and back to get Ducatisps' bumpers and skid plates. Averaged 24 mpg. Found something I liked that my Raptor doesn't have: the new 3-blink lane changer.

Peter, thanks again. Nice meeting your wife and seeing your awesome car collection.:waytogo:

Basically 2011 and up has that as far as the Raptor. I use it all the time. My 2006 VW GTI was the first car that I'd owned with that feature. It's simple, but awesome.

Edit: The guy gets 24 mpg coming from a Raptor and all he can talk about is a fancy turn indicator. That's a man with the right priorities. Lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
OK here's the latest for those of you on the edge of your seats...

Recap: Took truck in last Thursday for seat heater not working and squeak when stopping and starting. Dealer orders heating element and rear springs. Calls Saturday and says one spring came in but not the other. Will probably be Monday. Monday evening says spring still not here. Tuesday same thing.

Just called me (Wednesday 6pm) and says the spring came in but they cracked some fuel vapor thing on top of the gas tank when dropping the tank. They've now ordered the fuel vapor thing.

Stay tuned for further hilarity.:crazy:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK here's the latest for those of you on the edge of your seats...

Recap: Took truck in last Thursday for seat heater not working and squeak when stopping and starting. Dealer orders heating element and rear springs. Calls Saturday and says one spring came in but not the other. Will probably be Monday. Monday evening says spring still not here. Tuesday same thing.

Just called me (Wednesday 6pm) and says the spring came in but they cracked some fuel vapor thing on top of the gas tank when dropping the tank. They've now ordered the fuel vapor thing.

Idiots.. Sorry to hear that... At least you're driving a classy rental.. Lol

-Greg

AndyMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK here's the latest for those of you on the edge of your seats......... they cracked some fuel vapor thing on top of the gas tank when dropping the tank. They've now ordered the fuel vapor thing.

Maybe a stupid question but they have to drop your gas tank to change the springs??

This just seems odd to me... now I'm going to have to go look at mine closer to see if I can figure out why.

Still sucks for you though!! At least you seem to be handling it well.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question but they have to drop your gas tank to change the springs??

This just seems odd to me... now I'm going to have to go look at mine closer to see if I can figure out why.

Still sucks for you though!! At least you seem to be handling it well.

I don't know. I believe on RPG's Stage 3 install you have to drop the tank to install the Nationals so probably so.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The "fords manual" shows you have to drop the tank to remove front spring bolt.. They were sloppy, there is enough hose for them to lower the tank on a tranny jack. Remove bolt, replace spring and retorque bolt to 150 ft/lbs without completely removing/disconnecting the tank. I say lazy or sloppy mechanic

RPG, and others way is to use a sawzall and cut the bolt so you can remove the leaf pack without dropping the tank.

-Greg