GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like communication between Ford and the dealer. Sounds like bead lock wheels may be done for the rest of the year. That may be a supply issue just like the CF. I'll check into it and report back.

Ya my dealer was supposed to call me back yesterday to let me know and he didn't. I appreciate you checking, thanks Darin

RaeGun

Reaction score
I find it funny (not necessarily in a good way) that this forum "breaks" news before my local Ford dealer and even their zone and regional Ford reps know about it. I forwarded the screen grab of the email regarding the forged aluminum beadlock capable wheels being unavailable a couple of days ago. My dealer tells me that he's been in contact with his Ford zone Rep who didn't know about it and was looking into it. Meanwhile my order that was placed and accepted almost 5 months ago is still in limbo with no VIN. Is it because my order has the beadlock capable wheels? Can't seem to get an answer. It's bad enough that they don't do a "first order, first serve" protocol for orders, but at least orders that have a material hold or whatever delaying it can be flagged and the dealer/orderer notified so that it can be modified at the discretion of the customer to hasten the order being pulled for build. I do not blame my dealer one bit. He's trying to sell vehicles and I don't expect him to drop everything to make sure that my order is catered to any more so that his other customers. I am getting upset with Ford. Every week I am told (through Ford Service on FB) that my order "looks good, should be picked up any day now, just hang in there (insert smiley emoji du jour)." But not one mention of a new material hold or some other hang up that may delay my order indefinitely. Shouldn't they know this? Wouldn't the status of my order change for them to see if there was some kind of material hold and then let me know so that I can act on it?
Sorry to complain and ramble but I did my due diligence. I ordered on day #1 of the order bank opening. I took off the Carbon Fiber immediately on learning of it being unavailable, I've patiently waited while many others who ordered long after me, including some with the CF option are now nearing delivery of their vehicles. Now I face even further delay because of options that I ordered running out. I am willing to pay a premium for this vehicle and as such want it tricked out. Now I find myself peeling off options just to get the thing built before Spring/Summer. I currently am leasing a vehicle that is almost up. I ordered the Raptor well in advance of my lease being up to give me a cushion of time so that I wouldn't have to scramble for a contingency if the new vehicle wasn't ready by time the lease was up. Now I am getting nervous as I may be faced with just that scenario. Frustrating to say the least. Anyone with a loaded Avalanche Supercrew (with CA emmission) whose order has been picked up willing to sell me their order???? I know, I know, I am being a spoiled child and should cool my jets. Just need to vent.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it funny (not necessarily in a good way) that this forum "breaks" news before my local Ford dealer and even their zone and regional Ford reps know about it. I forwarded the screen grab of the email regarding the forged aluminum beadlock capable wheels being unavailable a couple of days ago. My dealer tells me that he's been in contact with his Ford zone Rep who didn't know about it and was looking into it. Meanwhile my order that was placed and accepted almost 5 months ago is still in limbo with no VIN. Is it because my order has the beadlock capable wheels? Can't seem to get an answer. It's bad enough that they don't do a "first order, first serve" protocol for orders, but at least orders that have a material hold or whatever delaying it can be flagged and the dealer/orderer notified so that it can be modified at the discretion of the customer to hasten the order being pulled for build. I do not blame my dealer one bit. He's trying to sell vehicles and I don't expect him to drop everything to make sure that my order is catered to any more so that his other customers. I am getting upset with Ford. Every week I am told (through Ford Service on FB) that my order "looks good, should be picked up any day now, just hang in there (insert smiley emoji du jour)." But not one mention of a new material hold or some other hang up that may delay my order indefinitely. Shouldn't they know this? Wouldn't the status of my order change for them to see if there was some kind of material hold and then let me know so that I can act on it?
Sorry to complain and ramble but I did my due diligence. I ordered on day #1 of the order bank opening. I took off the Carbon Fiber immediately on learning of it being unavailable, I've patiently waited while many others who ordered long after me, including some with the CF option are now nearing delivery of their vehicles. Now I face even further delay because of options that I ordered running out. I am willing to pay a premium for this vehicle and as such want it tricked out. Now I find myself peeling off options just to get the thing built before Spring/Summer. I currently am leasing a vehicle that is almost up. I ordered the Raptor well in advance of my lease being up to give me a cushion of time so that I wouldn't have to scramble for a contingency if the new vehicle wasn't ready by time the lease was up. Now I am getting nervous as I may be faced with just that scenario. Frustrating to say the least. Anyone with a loaded Avalanche Supercrew (with CA emmission) whose order has been picked up willing to sell me their order???? I know, I know, I am being a spoiled child and should cool my jets. Just need to vent.

Hang strong, you should be getting real close. From what I/We have seen from all frf orders, its not a surprise to me that you are still unscheduled. The allotment of orders to certain regions is no doubt a quagmire. Most #2s have been pulled now, but there are a few other #2s in same boat. Northern Cal region and being #2 of only 4 is probably the culprit, and not out of the realm why you haven't been pulled yet. Same situation for myself, ordered july 21, removed options etc... finally pulled last month. I am also in a lower priority region (midwest), but was #2 of 7.

I'm just grateful i didnt put my dealer on blast a month back when i was getting real frustrated. Turns out the #1 truck that was pulled immediately in August might now arrive after mine.

Assuming the dealer didn't slip someone in front of you, you should be up to bat soon so dont go burn down the dealer (just yet atleast :biggrin:)

RaeGun

Reaction score
The voice of reason! Thanks man. I'll keep hope alive. My dealer is a stand up guy. Wouldn't get mad at him. I just wish Ford would be a bit more communicative about one of their highest profile lauches in the last few years. Don't they know that they are dealing with a buch of Type A, spoiled men-children here? Oh, and before anyone goes off the rails about that last line, I'm primarily referring to myself.

Reaction score
Just saw a semi going eastbound along I-80 in Nebraska with a couple of new Raptors on it. The one I noticed was Gunmetal Gray and looked pretty rad. I was going in the opposite direction, or I would've got a pic. I haven't even looked into trading mine out, but after seeing that one, it has me thinking. I only have 30K miles on my 2011, not to mention it's paid for. Are you guys getting decent trade in values?

trwtrw

Reaction score
IF anyone has a SCAB order that's been accepted but still not scheduled - shoot me a pm please! I need to make a change to mine and unfortunately I was just assigned a vin and they won't let me. Truck will be built next month...perhaps we can swap orders - you can get my loaded magnetic SCAB next month, and I can take your place waiting/change my order.. Might be a bit of logistical hassle - not sure how much but would really help me out and someone who's waiting could get their truck sooner. Shoot me a pm pls!

whats the msrp on your raptor