GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered with a SC dealer yesterday at MSRP. I know they did not give me any special deal they told me up front they never charge more than MSRP. I am getting one of their allocations but they only have 5 I think. My priority is 13 on the order, original though it was 12, which in any case I was not very happy about it but he would not budge since he gave the other orders 10, 11 and 12. He also said that DORAs were no longer used or needed at their dealership. They place the order on line and wait for Ford to acknowledge it. I have a copy of the order but it is priced at $68,390. Thanks to StrikerHawk for the spreadsheet made the order process very easy.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Hey everyone, just looking for some input. So I just called my local ford dealership and set up an appointment for me to order my new Raptor. And while I was on the phone with him he was great; was very helpful. He told me that his dealership had an allocation of two of the trucks and because it was only me and one other guy in my area looking to buy them. After we set up a date and I told him what I was pretty sure I wanted on it I asked him if they would be asking at MSRP and if there was going to be a markup at all and he told me there wasn't because not that many people were interested in the truck in my area. Anyway I got off the phone very excited I was going to be getting the Raptor at a good price. Much to my surprise he called back a few minutes later and the whole story had changed! He said he had just talked to his general manager and all of the sudden there was only an allocation of one truck. And instead of the $2k original deposit i was going to put down (btw that I could then put towards the trucks price when I order it) there was now a $5k markup and I would quote "if I wanted one have to put down a considerable deposit; like the whole $5k to get an order" anyway guys I'm sorry I just feel like I'm getting ****** around. My questions are:
1. Anybody else who ordered did you pay a markup?
2. If so how much?
3. Do you know of any Dealerships in the Northeast Reigon (VT, NY, NH, ME, MA, RH, DE, etc.) that are selling at MSRP.
P.s. I'm willing to travel up to 250 miles from my town. (Barre, VT. 05641)

Used the web and list all dealers within your state. Then used the comments section to make a template requesting information. This worked for me with a large dealer close to where I live. But I did sent it to maybe 15 dealers before I found one. This is my request as follows:
I think I want a new Raptor, got over 80K my 2010 Raptor so it is time. I am hearing that the Raptors will have retail orders that do not impact dealer allocations. I want quite a few options including 802a which is expensive. I do not want to pay more than MSRP. Maybe MSRP for the crew cab and invoice for the options. Can you research and see if all orders will be filled by Ford? I expect it will not be delivered until early 2017.

Let me know what you find out, I can put a deposit down whenever if it is available for order.

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just looking for some input. So I just called my local ford dealership and set up an appointment for me to order my new Raptor. And while I was on the phone with him he was great; was very helpful. He told me that his dealership had an allocation of two of the trucks and because it was only me and one other guy in my area looking to buy them. After we set up a date and I told him what I was pretty sure I wanted on it I asked him if they would be asking at MSRP and if there was going to be a markup at all and he told me there wasn't because not that many people were interested in the truck in my area. Anyway I got off the phone very excited I was going to be getting the Raptor at a good price. Much to my surprise he called back a few minutes later and the whole story had changed! He said he had just talked to his general manager and all of the sudden there was only an allocation of one truck. And instead of the $2k original deposit i was going to put down (btw that I could then put towards the trucks price when I order it) there was now a $5k markup and I would quote "if I wanted one have to put down a considerable deposit; like the whole $5k to get an order" anyway guys I'm sorry I just feel like I'm getting ****** around. My questions are:
1. Anybody else who ordered did you pay a markup?
2. If so how much?
3. Do you know of any Dealerships in the Northeast Reigon (VT, NY, NH, ME, MA, RH, DE, etc.) that are selling at MSRP.
P.s. I'm willing to travel up to 250 miles from my town. (Barre, VT. 05641)

Bayshore Ford in Pennsville NJ agreed to order me one fully loaded at msrp right after the order banks opened. I went with another bigger dealer that offered me the same. Give them a try. I talked to a salesman named Ellis.

Jamin55

Reaction score
Dealer experience

I had the same experience with two dealers in VT. I live in Bridgewater VT. Exact same spiel from Formula Ford that you had. I assume that since u live in Barre that is whom u are referring. Also had almost the same response form Gateway Ford in Lebanon. Found a much more professional Dealership with long standing integrity in Southern Vt.

Sford150

Reaction score
Bayshore Ford in Pennsville NJ agreed to order me one fully loaded at msrp right after the order banks opened. I went with another bigger dealer that offered me the same. Give them a try. I talked to a salesman named Ellis.

Thanks, I actually found one here in VT (Ted Green Ford) that is going to order me one at sticker fully loaded no issues. There are good dealers out there!

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm FOAMING to see a picture of a Magnetic Metallic raptor. ;) ..the only color we don't seem to have a pic of is the one I ordered...leap of faith but I hope it'll be cool. Hopefully a pic is released soon.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm FOAMING to see a picture of a Magnetic Metallic raptor. ;) ..the only color we don't seem to have a pic of is the one I ordered...leap of faith but I hope it'll be cool. Hopefully a pic is released soon.

There are tons of metallic f150's out there, it'll be the same paint, just need to imagine it on a raptor.

Lee358

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There are pictures of Magnetic, ADD has a Magnetic Raptor.