GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

everjack

Reaction score
I know this has been stated in a post from another forum, but I has also been questioned here on this forum. I'm a little confused and hoping someone can give me a factual and definitive answer. My question is, I have a Raptor on order that is a "stock" vehicle that they changed to my specifications, but I can also order from a different dealer that would be a "retail" order. Which one would I get first, or is there any difference? If it's a month difference, that's one thing, but if it's months, I'd rather order retail.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
I know this has been stated in a post from another forum, but I has also been questioned here on this forum. I'm a little confused and hoping someone can give me a factual and definitive answer. My question is, I have a Raptor on order that is a "stock" vehicle that they changed to my specifications, but I can also order from a different dealer that would be a "retail" order. Which one would I get first, or is there any difference? If it's a month difference, that's one thing, but if it's months, I'd rather order retail.

I have heard that retail orders will be filled first.

everjack

Reaction score
I have heard that retail orders will be filled first.

I've heard that too, but I've also heard that stock allocated vehicles will come first. That's why I'm confused. I'm looking for a factual answer. Anyone know where I might direct this question to get an answer? Dealer? Ford corporate?

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard that too, but I've also heard that stock allocated vehicles will come first. That's why I'm confused. I'm looking for a factual answer. Anyone know where I might direct this question to get an answer? Dealer? Ford corporate?

From the info I have gathered, if the Retail Order (custom order) is used as one of the allocated vehicles for the dealership, it will be built prior to custom orders (retail) that are not part of that dealerships allocation.

So ... Something like this:

* Retail - Allocated (can still be custom, it just counts against allocation)
* Allocated (non retail) ~ with no pending retail sale yet
* Retail - Custom Orders (after allocated vehicles have been shipped)

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I called ford corporate last month. They said dealer stock would be first then a month or so later retail orders would show up. They also told me I can order a 2017 Raptor from any dealer I wanted. I don't think anyone really knows whats going on with the Raptor.

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called ford corporate last month. They said dealer stock would be first then a month or so later retail orders would show up. They also told me I can order a 2017 Raptor from any dealer I wanted. I don't think anyone really knows whats going on with the Raptor.

This doesn't make sense, at least from the info I get from my dealer.

They aren't taking any orders passed what is already allocated to them. Meaning, the 6 they have allocated to them are all Retail (custom ordered).

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This doesn't make sense, at least from the info I get from my dealer.

They aren't taking any orders passed what is already allocated to them. Meaning, the 6 they have allocated to them are all Retail (custom ordered).

Never said it made any sense. Call them up. See what they say 1 month later.

Ford Corp Marketing

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This feels a little bit like sitting by the boat ramp on the 4th of July and just watching the sh**show with a beer :) Eventually, I hope...we will get our trucks...till then we are all just recirculating bs to help pass the time :)