GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My window sticker was $650 higher than the earlier agreed price. Thankfully my dealer committed to the lower price in good faith, whether Ford takes care of it or not.

At MSRP dealers certainly have the margins to absorb these sorts of things. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how it is that I'm paying MSRP, yet that's considered by most to be a good deal. I don't ever intend to pay MSRP again. I feel like I let myself down. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iumbastu

Reaction score
At MSRP dealers certainly have the margins to absorb these sorts of things. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how it is that I'm paying MSRP, yet that's considered by most to be a good deal. I don't ever intend to pay MSRP again. I feel like I let myself down. Lol.

I just got a call from a local dealer who has a stuffed Screw in production that will arrive next month. We can offer it to you with $7,500 of ADM to the MSRP. I chuckled as said, "I'm ready to buy one but won't pay ADM to be the first guy on my street to have one. Please do call me back when you want to discuss a reasonable deal at MSRP or better..."

Later today it will be time to ping Ford performance again and hope for a status other than 'unscheduled clean'.

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from a local dealer who has a stuffed Screw in production that will arrive next month. We can offer it to you with $7,500 of ADM to the MSRP. I chuckled as said, "I'm ready to buy one but won't pay ADM to be the first guy on my street to have one. Please do call me back when you want to discuss a reasonable deal at MSRP or better..."

Later today it will be time to ping Ford performance again and hope for a status other than 'unscheduled clean'.

total crap but totally common, unfortunately. patience is key. i've pretty much given up for now as i don't have the energy nor time to keep wasting. if i happen on a great deal sometimes in the next couple of years, maybe.

cmarko

Reaction score
Just FYI been reading posts on here for a while ordered mine on 7/28 from small dealer in MT. finally got my window sticker last Friday scheduled to be built this Friday 1/20 , I put almost every option possible 72k iMSRP ncluding CF, and bead locks, thankfully I did not listen to some of the info on here about availability of options.

sounds like a story similiar to mine. Ordered 7/26 at Menholt Ford in Butte. Where are you at?

DarinT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the steps in the order process? Selections, deposit and then what? Thinking about ordering a new Raptor, but want to make sure it's with a dealer that has allocations and the process will move forward. Rather than set on a shelf for eternity.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Never mind, just found the tracking thread!

Ohiodish

Reaction score
I got the dreaded call today that if I wanted to move forward with my order I needed to remove the bead locks (forged) and CF. I was sent a revised DORA with the message to modify my order.

I can always live without CF as I can add that later (the shifter is pretty sweet if you haven't seen one in person) but the beadlocks are almost a deal breaker for me. I just am not a fan of the shiny stock/base wheels and as I'm ordering the truck in Avalanche I intend on blacking out most of the other items to create contrast.

Ordered 1/9. Avalanche, S-Crew, 802A, Twin Panel, CF Pkg, Bead Lock, Tech Pkg, Heated Steering and 2nd Row, Orange Trim, Hood Graphics, Tailgate Step and Appliqué, Spray Liner, Soft Cover Status: Unscheduled Clean and asked to remove CF and BeadLock 1/18
Buy them off of Ebay and sell the standard wheels when your truck gets here. I would think $800 to $1000 for the stock wheels might be possible? 17" FORD F150 SVT RAPTOR BLACK WHEELS RIMS FACTORY ORIGINAL OEM NEW SET 4 2017 | eBay

iumbastu

Reaction score
Buy them off of Ebay and sell the standard wheels when your truck gets here. I would think $800 to $1000 for the stock wheels might be possible? 17" FORD F150 SVT RAPTOR BLACK WHEELS RIMS FACTORY ORIGINAL OEM NEW SET 4 2017 | eBay

That's right and I appreciate you taking the time to send along the link. Thank you.

I think there are a few people out there reading this that would say, 'don't buy them just yet though.' I'll probably wait until the darn truck at least goes into production before I end up with a set of rims the wife will ridicule me for purchasing so early when my truck might not arrive until 2018....

'Boy honey those rims in the corner would sure look good on a new Raptor. When is that arriving?' I'd just look at her with the dumb expression i have on my face now as I try to answer that same question....

Rickoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they give it to you as a birthday present? Employee appreciation and all...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

BTW. Happy birthday and congratulations!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk