GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my Raptor 1/2/17. Build date 1/25/17. Delivery scheduled 2/18/17.
Super cab, 801A, Avalanche gray, no carbon fiber, no beadlock wheels

I am crossing my fingers mine gets pulled this week. I ordered the 3rd.

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what I know:
The company that I work with (very small engineering company - 6 employees) worked for the owner of the dealership on his boat dock. After that, I bought a fully loaded 2014 Screw FX2 from them at a good, not great, price. Emailed owner in late December and he got me in touch with the GM and Finance manager. Showed up a few days later to discuss what I wanted and my trade in. They offered me $2k more than the KBB on my trade and $2500 over MSRP on the Raptor. They said that's the best deal they had given anyone (repeat customers only). I said OK. Signed paperwork and paid a $2500 deposit. They said I got their last one (13 of 13 between their 2 dealerships). I have no idea about priority code or anything else. Salesman texted me the VIN yesterday and I called Ford Performance today. That's all I know.

They also said that only 3 or 4 of their orders had been delivered.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealers are independent businesses and their policies around when a change can be made probably differ.

Last edited:

Two Dogs

Reaction score
"I got with my manager and on our dora which shows every order that we have that's been pulled and scheduled the Raptor has a partial vin number of 1FTFW1RG but it doesn't have a last 8 yet but it was pulled on the 11th of this month to be built. "

I am going to contact Ford and see what they say. I have the dealer# and order#. I thought if it was pulled a complete VIN was assigned?
Every screw starts with that.

Ohiodish

Reaction score
FIRST Thanks to all that helped me. It helped me push the order the way I want it. In the end it all worked out. Probably has not been built it yet since the beadlocks are on the order, but I really don't know. Today I got this from salesman.
"He just got back with me and said the options are added. Sticker price is now right at $68,500. Want me to send you a new purchase agreement? ". So I'll wait for however long but at least it will be the way I want. Minus carbon; I here that's not a probable build that's getting pulled and for some reason I love CF.

Also here is how I got MSRP without calling every dealer. I researched on Autotrader and emailed several dealers offering Raptors at MSRP. Most replied back there truck was sold but one contacted me and said it's sold but we have one on order with no one on it. Avalanche and most options I wanted so I put a deposit on it and now thanks to the guys on the forum I'm getting it the way I want. 2 dealers in Ohio I found in Ohio at MSRP have no more orders for 2017 and said check back in July. If not for the one I'm buying from WV I'd be waiting for a 2018. This is THE first auto I've EVER spent full MSRP on. Will never pay over invoice I would not be able to sleep at nite. Just my thing.

Molson36

Reaction score
Just FYI been reading posts on here for a while ordered mine on 7/28 from small dealer in MT. finally got my window sticker last Friday scheduled to be built this Friday 1/20 , I put almost every option possible 72k iMSRP ncluding CF, and bead locks, thankfully I did not listen to some of the info on here about availability of options.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just FYI been reading posts on here for a while ordered mine on 7/28 from small dealer in MT. finally got my window sticker last Friday scheduled to be built this Friday 1/20 , I put almost every option possible 72k iMSRP ncluding CF, and bead locks, thankfully I did not listen to some of the info on here about availability of options.

You got lucky with CF and bead locks, its as simple as that. Not every truck with those options will suddenly be built. You also waited 7mo when there are people out there without those two options but everything else and their orders are only taking 7-10 weeks...

Ive called every single dealer in CO and surrounding states and most all of them said the same thing about CF and bead locks; "Adding them to your order will most likely delay your build date."

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These above could have been built several months ago. And just because you have a build date (with beadlocks and/or cf) doesn't mean that date won't get pushed back if there is a "shortage". Best of luck tho for sure. Hopefully that does not happen