GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I got back from the dealer today "I checked with my general manager this morning, and he knows for a fact it can not be changed. Another one of our sales guys had a customer who loved the build we had on the Avalanche gray Raptor but wanted it to be an extended cab and we couldn't change it so he didn't go with it.

He's going to try to get me the vin today on it. When it comes to the tailgate appliqué I'm sure you can get that through parts or online, the other options aren't as easy like you said. There are places that do heated seats aftermarket in our area though. The tailgate step is built into the tailgate so you'd of course need an entirely new tailgate."

So I guess they can't change it. I might be able to buy one from another member and trade. Tailgate, paint, & applique would get expensive. I will not be sitting in the back seat so I'm ok without heat. Everything Ive seen on here says it can be changed, but guess they can't or...

If he is going to get you the "VIN today" then sounds like it may be scheduled for production. If still shows in dealer's system as Unscheduled Clean, then you can make changes. I did one change in December and two more last week.

Ohiodish

Reaction score
If he is going to get you the "VIN today" then sounds like it may be scheduled for production. If still shows in dealer's system as Unscheduled Clean, then you can make changes. I did one change in December and two more last week.
After reading how allocations work on here I'm not sure how that's possible he's expecting a VIN# if they are generated on Thursday and can be viewed on Fridays... Did not get a VIN yesterday and that's probably not possible on a Monday anyway. Not sure why they won't change the build.
It's public knowledge how Ford manufacturers there products and this dealer Does not know how it works? If I didn't know it's possible to change the order now it wouldn't bother me so much, but since I know it's possible and many have made several changes it sucks im not going to get exactly what I want when I should.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading how allocations work on here I'm not sure how that's possible he's expecting a VIN# if they are generated on Thursday and can be viewed on Fridays... Did not get a VIN yesterday and that's probably not possible on a Monday anyway. Not sure why they won't change the build.
It's public knowledge how Ford manufacturers there products and this dealer Does not know how it works? If I didn't know it's possible to change the order now it wouldn't bother me so much, but since I know it's possible and many have made several changes it sucks im not going to get exactly what I want when I should.

There are two possible scenarios: you're scheduled, have a vin and a build week - and can't make changes , or you're 'unscheduled clean' and CAN make changes. There is no in between. Contact ford service, they will tell you the status of your order..hopefully people don't have to type this again ;) Maybe member 03darin can shed a bit more light...

Last edited:

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you have your order number and dealer number you can simply contact ford service or ford performance. They will tell you the current status of your order.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have your order number and dealer number you can simply contact ford service or ford performance. They will tell you the current status of your order.

That all depends on who you get on the phone....last week my order was found and I was told still "in process"......this week they could not find any info....I don't put much faith in the people answering the phones over there....

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That all depends on who you get on the phone....last week my order was found and I was told still "in process"......this week they could not find any info....I don't put much faith in the people answering the phones over there....

Interesting. I have been going threw this ****** process of mistakes and misinformation for 7 months now and they have always been solid on info for me.

Ohiodish

Reaction score
"I got with my manager and on our dora which shows every order that we have that's been pulled and scheduled the Raptor has a partial vin number of 1FTFW1RG but it doesn't have a last 8 yet but it was pulled on the 11th of this month to be built. "

I am going to contact Ford and see what they say. I have the dealer# and order#. I thought if it was pulled a complete VIN was assigned?

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my Raptor 1/2/17. Build date 1/25/17. Delivery scheduled 2/18/17.
Super cab, 801A, Avalanche gray, no carbon fiber, no beadlock wheels

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my Raptor 1/2/17. Build date 1/25/17. Delivery scheduled 2/18/17.
Super cab, 801A, Avalanche gray, no carbon fiber, no beadlock wheels

What was your priority code, was it an employee or special order? That's crazy fast and there are lots of people waiting.